1752380 Members
5758 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problem with a Compaq DLT 15 Library

Steve DeMedeiros
Occasional Advisor

Problem with a Compaq DLT 15 Library

I have a proliant 1850r running windows 2000 advance server. Attach to this is a compaq DLT 15 Library 35/70 2 drive model. I am geting event ID: 11 with the source being hpmc.sys driver from the media changer. Anybody know how to fix this problem.
11 REPLIES 11
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Steve,
as I know w2k do not support changers by itself, so you need to install 3rd party backup software and use its supplied driver.
Which backup utility do you use right now when getting this error?
Eugeny
Steve DeMedeiros
Occasional Advisor

I am currently using Veritas Backup Exec 8.6. The problem is I have already setup 2 other servers and only this server is giving me the problem. I have a proliant 3000 and another Proliant 1850r. All the librarys are the same model.
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

If so you can move this library to one working server to see if library is the cause.
In addition, you can try HP LTT from http://www.hp.com/cposupport/information_storage/support_doc/lpg50128.html . I do not know if this library is supported by LTT... but it's better to try than not to try
Eugeny
Steve DeMedeiros
Occasional Advisor

The last time I used the tool the firmware got overwriten. But here another point regarding this server. Before It was runing NT 4.0 and Arcserver 6.5 on it. We had no problems with it. I have spent days with Compaq support and they have no clue what to do.
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

So before it was working with NT4 and Arcserve. You mentioned another servers which are working fine now. Do they use the same OS, drivers, backup utility? I mean do they configured with the same software?
Do you remember if anything was changed since old configuration? Firmware changed (maybe the cause is overwritten firmware)? Server's bios ver changed? Library reconnected? Any part replaced?
Eugeny
Steve DeMedeiros
Occasional Advisor

We Update the library firmware to the latest verison 4.06 and the Proliant 1850r bios to the latest one(Feb 14/02).
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Everything can cause this strange issue. Is it possible to exchange this library with working library connected to working server and connect this 'suspicious' library to working server? This way we may be able to localize issue to server or to library
Eugeny
Steve DeMedeiros
Occasional Advisor

This is the Systems ROMPaq I used.

Systems ROMPaq Firmware Upgrade Diskette for Compaq ProLiant 1850R/CL1850 (P07), 800 (P14), 3000 (P09), and 5500 (P12) Servers
version 4.15 A (9 Apr 02)
SP20622
Steve DeMedeiros
Occasional Advisor

I order a adaptec scsi card that we are going to try. I also planning to try a new cable on it.