1752632 Members
5583 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problems connecting HP StorageWorks Modular Smart Array 500

Eire09

Problems connecting HP StorageWorks Modular Smart Array 500

Hi,
I am trying to connect a HP StorageWorks Modular Smart Array (Product no: 201724-B21) to a HP DL380 G4 through a SCSI card lsi22320-hp. I am running Windows server 2003 R2 x32.

I've downloaded a couple of different drivers for the Smart Array but I'm having no luck!! I'd appreciate any help as I'm pulling my hair out at this stage ;)

I inserted a SCSI card lsi22320-hp into my HP DL380 G4 server. Should the server pick this up after a restart? Do I need to install drivers for a PCI SCSI card?

When the server is restarting it acknowledges the Smart array is connected however when I go into Device Manager under Other Devices the 'Compaq SMART ARRAY CL SCSI Array Device' is listed with no drivers installed.

Could anyone help me out with this guys?

Thanks in advance.
Eire

2 REPLIES 2
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Hi, the MSA500 (G1) is only certified to work with the Smart Array 531 or Smart Array 5i.

Check the quickspecs:

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/11050_na/11050_na.html

In any case, you only need a driver for the controller card, for the MSA the drivers should be on the Proliant Support Pack.
Eire09

Hi,
I installed the drivers for the SCSI card (LSI22320) through device manager. When I reboot the server the attached StorageWorks Smart Array is still coming up with no drivers installed. I installed the OS using the Smart Start CD version 8.10. Should this include the drivers for the HP StorageWorks device?

Thanks.