5733 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Regarding fault code: 3032 in MSL 6030 Tape Library

Satish Kumar_5
Regular Advisor

Regarding fault code: 3032 in MSL 6030 Tape Library

dear Experts,

I have a MSL 6030 Tape Libary with one Ultrium 460 drive and NSR for fiber connectivity. For last few days when i power cycle the library it gives "Fault code: 3032 (soft) Chasis S/N character count is not correct" error msg. I click on RESUME and it seems to work fine. But so many times my backup is failing. if i took a test backup of say 20 gb or so it goes fine but when i take a backup of 200 GB then it failed. Arcserver log says that drive0 un-assesible. after this if i check in NSR it shows both changer and drive as down. then i run a discovery again and they become online. I have this Library connected to MSA 1000 SAN switch with 2 server. Any help will be really appreciated as i am really fed up now with this.

Thanks in Advance.
4 REPLIES 4
Binubaby
Frequent Advisor

Hi satish,
1.Please check for any Bar code is not inserted properly on the tape or tapes.
2. Check the barcode reader working properly
3. Use L&TT to check the library
Hope this helps
Bins
BB
Satish Kumar_5
Regular Advisor

Hi Binu,

Thanks for your reply. Actually i am using the library without barcode tapes. The software used is CA and it takes backup without bar codes. Still we get this error. Rest even backup runs fine but library gives this error on every power cycle. Hope to get a reply on this.

Thanks a lot for your time.
VCP2005
Trusted Contributor

It look like error of NSR, do you use Index Mapping or Auto tape/autochange assignment?

Ignore all un-nessarery Please use SAN Zoning, persistent binding (HBA), disable RSM (OS), NSR Index mapping.

By the way, firmware of NSR e1200/e1600 and drive need to update. Support/compatible firmware of Arserver can found at www.hp.con/go/ebs.

If you need details for how these to be done, please do reply.
Binubaby
Frequent Advisor

Hi Satish,

Please send the NSR event log out put.
Rgds
Binu
BB