StoreEver Tape Storage
1748213 Members
3185 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Replacing Autoloader 1/9 Ultrium 1 drive: What and where?

SOLVED
Go to solution
AnDublin
Occasional Advisor

Replacing Autoloader 1/9 Ultrium 1 drive: What and where?

With a faulty drive in our 4-year old Autoloader 1/9 (Ultrium 1), I'm trying to form a view on whether it's worth while to buy a new drive to put in it.
(we've just bought an autoloader 1/8 ultrium 3, and I'm dissatisfied with the autoloader by comparison.)
Any views on How long is the Autoloader 1/9 mechanism likely to last, and what Order codes for drives (Ultrium 1, 2, or 3) are compatible with this unit?
Also, any suggestions on where to get spare parts such as this in Ireland or UK?
Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
David Ruska
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Replacing Autoloader 1/9 Ultrium 1 drive: What and where?

The drive types supported in the 1/9 SureStore autoloader are limited to DLT8K and LTO1. The product was discontinued before LTO2 drives were introduced.

However, the drive modules used in the 1/9 autoloader were the same as those used in the 2/20 series library family, so you may be able to find one used at a good price.

Regarding your 1/8 960, I'd be interested in hearing what issues you are having with it (or what features/functionality you are not happy with). You could email me at ltt_team@hp.com (just mention my name in the subject header).
The journey IS the reward.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Regarding how long your 1/9 autoloader chassis will last, you could collect a support ticket using HP L&TT, and we can assess whether it is having any mechanical retries that may indicate signs of wear.

Also, if you are looking for a replacement for the SureStore 1/9 autoloader (with higher capacity) and the 1/8 autoloaders do not have the right features (i.e. remote management) then you may want to look at the MSL2024 just introduced:

http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storageworks/msl2024/index.html

It is available with either a 960 drive, or one or two 448 drives.
The journey IS the reward.
Hense, Klaus
Valued Contributor

Hallo

the company at http://www.top10ten.de repair Drives with fix cost...
klhe