StoreEver Tape Storage
1752557 Members
4435 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Robotic Failure Code 9E:09

Carl Richards

Robotic Failure Code 9E:09

I have an error light and am getting "Robotic Failure Code 9E:09" in the display window. My email notification are showing:

08.11.30 17:32:44.96 Library Error - HE: invalid elevator range
Global error code: 0x9E, 158
Module error code: 0x09, 9
Current command: 0x00, 0

This message was generated automatically from
HP 1x8 G2 AUTOLDR

What's going on and How do I resolve this issue????? My device is a 1/8 G2 Tape autoloader (uses ultrium tapes lto 1)
11 REPLIES 11
Olibe Babaco
Frequent Advisor

Hi Carl,

What the error means is

Error 9E - Elevator range of motion out of specification

Description Elevator (the part of the robotics assembly that moves in the vertical direction) range of motion out of specification
Solution If possible, check for an obstruction by powering off the library and either removing a magazine or a drive to view the robot. Gently remove the obstruction, replace all magazines and drives and then power up the library.
Re-try the last operation
If the error continues to occur, run the Wellness Test (From the 2-line front panel, select Support -> Run Wellness Test. From the GUI front panel, select Support -> Tests -> Wellness Test.)
If working remotely and there is no current operation, try reseting the product.

Probably you haven't used till now the guided troubleshooting, which is actually a great tool: 

[broken link removed 18/04/17 -mod]

Further on the issue I can advice you to remove all the cartridges from the loader -> insert them again -> then try the same operation.

When you remove the cartridges, try also update the FW of the changer and the tape drive.

If this all does not help,consider opening a case by HP and if needed they will have to do sth. on the HW.
I guess a chassie replacement will be good idea considering your issue and you couldn't succed by applying with the above actions.

I wish you luck with this and I hope when you have a resolution to post here, so we all know, how it was resolved

Regards

JeffinIT

I recently experienced this error as well. After upgrading to a newer unit I decided to dig into it and find the issue. It didn't take long to realize that one of the plastic gears that runs the carrier elevator had split and made the motion bind. I found some replacement gears (12 tooth 0.5 modulus) out of China. A pack of 10 cost me $3 shipped. Now after replacing the gear the unit works fine.

gavrilenkov
Advisor

You can provide a link to the seller?

Thank you.

lweinlan
Occasional Advisor

I did found those gears on SERVOCITY.COM Part # RMPA48-12

You might have to drill those gears to increase the hole diameter but those gears do work on DELL TL 2000 robotics

ivorocha
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

Can you please tell me where do you buy it?

Best regards

Beren12
Occasional Visitor

Seriously. Just search on eBay.  Small gear, 12 tooth. Use a t10 torx bit to expand the center. I just did mine 2 hrs ago. 

[Note: broken link updated by Mod]

Beren12
Occasional Visitor

I did this fix recently and it worked perfectly. Thank you!
isr4r

please contact my mail id...

**personal info erased**

please,,,

thank you

Josef2
Visitor

Danke f├╝r die Info, man findet passende Zahnr├дder bei ebay Beispielsweise. Wichtig Modulo 0,5 und 12 Z├дhne !

Wir haben das gebrochene Zahnrad aufgeklebt mit Sekundenkleber und zugeschnitten so dass es nicht mehr hakt.

HP hat einfach gesagt "reparieren wir nicht mehr", kostet ja auch nur 5000 EUR das Teil, was will man da schon Service erwarten wenn die Garantie abgelaufen ist.

ME eine Frechheit dass da nicht wenigstens Ersatzteile angeboten werden.