1752749 Members
4909 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Robotic Libray Hardware error

Jaclyn Rothe
Trusted Contributor

Command sent to drive failed... can be indicative the library controller card is bad.

Try flashing firmware... if this does not correct the issue or if the flash fails (which it likely will) note what portion of the update it failed on that is most likely the cause of your issue.

I have a theory it will fail on the library controller card as:
A qualifier 103 = Drive controller module hardware failed

Also try reseating the drive(s) and check your cables have not been bumped or come loose.

Debbiek03

Is there a different way to flash the firmware? I have tried doing it with the HP LTT program and it won't do it there? Any help would be appreciated...
Marko H.
Valued Contributor

You can connect to your library via the network connection - if you have one on the library.
In this case you have to set IP, gateway... on your library. Also you have to set the admin password on the library.
Then you can connect from your web browser to your library.
In the menus you can find also the FW upgrade option.
I have tried to use it... with no luck. Perhaps it will work for you.
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

This error is indicating that the drive didn't release the tape, analysing errors and sequence, the picker was in front of the drive, but the drive didn't unload the tape.
After a power sequence the command succeed.

This is indicating that the drive was in "reerved mode" this mode is set by the backup application to prevent anyone to unload a tape in use during backup.
If the backup application loose contact with the drive for whatever reason (crash, communication problem,etc..) the drive will stay in reserved mode until the flag is cleared by a power cycle.

so apparently this is a normal behavior from a library point of view

Marino