Tape Libraries and Drives
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL2020 - 3014 Drive Stow Failed Error

ckastler
Occasional Contributor

SSL2020 - 3014 Drive Stow Failed Error

I have been getting this only recently. I pulled the top on the box to watch what happens. I see the loader trying to push the tape into the drive, and it retries about 4 times while slightly adjusting location on each try, then it fails with this error. If I manually grab a tape out of a slot and push into the drive, it takes it. The picker can then retrieve the tape out of the drive. Is there anything I can do besides send in the unit for repair? Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Re: SSL2020 - 3014 Drive Stow Failed Error

Hi,

What is the current robot firmware? A similar problem a while back recommeded FW update to 4.09 together witha a defaults reset.

Details below:-
FSC3014-Picker Retries Exceeded

Problem
A Fault Symptom Code (FSC) of 3014 is seen in the OCP of the unit.

Symptom
A load/unload command from the OCP works fine. The magazine is not full (magazine capacity is 20 tapes). It may seem to happen more from slots near the front or rear of the magazine. It also may not be duplicated readily from the OCP or software.

Solution
Reset unit to Compaq Defaults (in CONFIGURE MENU , Set Default to Compaq Defaults ), upgrade firmware to 4.09 on the robot, and load the magazine full.

I hope this helps.

Brian
ckastler
Occasional Contributor

Re: SSL2020 - 3014 Drive Stow Failed Error

Thanks Brian, that worked like a charm. I had already upgraded the firmware of both the tape drive and the robot. When I read your reply, I knew that I had already reset to the defaults (simply out of trying random things), but could not remember if I tried that before or after upgrading. I did it again, and it worked the first time. A nice, low cost solution. Thanks again!
ckastler
Occasional Contributor

Re: SSL2020 - 3014 Drive Stow Failed Error

A followup to this. I started to get errors again. After updating all the firmware, and updating all the drivers on the server, I was at a loss. I happened to feel the main bar that the robot arm slides on, and it was extreemely dirty and non-lubricated. I applied some greaseless lubricant to the bar, the back slide bar, and the gear that drives the "grabber". I then excercised the unit via the front panel by loading and unloading tapes, no problems. Last night I had my first sucessful backup in two weeks. Complicated solutions, simple answer.