StoreEver Tape Storage
1748089 Members
4993 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SW 24x6 DDS3 loader, mag drum won't rotate

Keith Hopkins_1

SW 24x6 DDS3 loader, mag drum won't rotate

I have a C1559 Storageworks 24x6e DDS3 autoloader. When I insert a magazine, it attempts to check the tapes. After checking the first three tapes, it will try to rotate the magazine drum around so it can check the other three side of the mag, but it fails to rotate and just ejects the mag instead. I can see this with the cover off. It will rotate about a 1/2 inch and stick, then go back to the original position.

I'm guessing the drum motor is either dying, or the lubricants are getting crusty inside the unit making it difficult to turn.

Is there any way to repair it? Or is it destined for the junk heap?
3 REPLIES 3
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Re: SW 24x6 DDS3 loader, mag drum won't rotate

you can try with a new magazin, or clean well the one you have and librificate the top with silicon spray, if there is no obstructions and you see nothing broken, this is probably the cause
marino
Keith Hopkins_1

Hi Marino,
Thanks for the reply. I've already tried different mags with the same result. Guess there is no harm in pulling the unit apart and cleaning out the goo at this point.
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

If you are using an internal autoloader, be sure to use correct screew(if any), I have seen cases where too long fixing screews interfere with the rotation

marino