1752796 Members
5982 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Same Problem!

Michael A. Bowman
Occasional Contributor

Same Problem!

I'm witnessing the exact same problem with error 35H. After manually removing the stuck tape, I get the 'Drive Idle' message withe the '1234567 ?' display. I've tried just about everything too but can't free up the drive!!

Michael A. Bowman
Thomasville Furniture
3 REPLIES 3
DGH_2
Valued Contributor

Michael A. Bowman
Occasional Contributor

I did and I have the still have the same problem. The solutions discussed in the forum did not resolve my problem. I still can't empty the drive or load/unload a tape. It still thinks the drive is busy for some reason.

Michael
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

Please post exactly what your problem is "Same Problem" without any reference to what it is the same as doesn't give me enough to go on.

Error 35H will ONLY happen when running a front panel test and does not have any information about what may be the problem. We need to know the original failure and error code.

From your description of a "Drive Idle" message with a "?" on the front panel after manually removing a tape suggests that the drive is not properly detecting the full/empty status.

Please report which version of firmware you are using.

One thing that might work for you. Check in the drive and make certain you can see the black leader coming up from the bottom of the drive and hooked onto a little hook about the middle. If you don't see the leader it is dropped. If the drive is out of warrenty the procedure for re-attaching the leader is posted lots of places on the internet. One is at http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=lpg50338

If the leader is attached, check your tape and make certain it is in good condition (also in the above document).

If the drive leader is attached and your tape is good then go to the test menu and run the open drive handle test then turn off the library and manually put the tape in the drive and power back on.