3599 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Serious MSL5026 problems

Brendan Lynch
Occasional Contributor

Serious MSL5026 problems

Hi,
I have been having a bit of trouble with 2 x MSL5026 Tape Libraries which both have the E1200 MSR modules installed.
We have been trying to update the firmware using the LTT utility. The MSL5026 update went fine as did the SDLT drives. Whe I have tried to update the E1200 router I keep getting the 'Firmware update failed message'.
The firmware update results report the following.
Firmware update started on device 3/1.6.2(0316:0x00000000/0x00000000 -> 0104:0x00000000/0x00000000)
- STOP I/O Exception (sense key: 5, Sense code: 0x2000 - 'Invalid Command Operation Code')

- I/O Exception (sense key: 5, Sense code: 0x2000 - 'Invalid Command Operation Code')

- SCSI Cmd I/O at 3/1.6.2: Write Buffer

- Operations Log
starting update
transferring image
8 REPLIES 8
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Brendan,

We can help you out on this. Can you post the EventLog.ltt file from the LTT logs folder?

I'll get you a pointer to the web firmware image and you can use the web interface to update the firmware as a workaround.
The journey IS the reward.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

I think you were trying to update to 5.01.04.

A newer version is out - 5.03.0b.

Here's the .dlx file, which you can use through the web interface:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software2/COL3566/co-12621-3/5.3.0b_fw_winston_x.dlx
Brendan Lynch
Occasional Contributor

Hi David,
Thanks very much for your help with this one.
Can you answer another question for me, does the E1200 come with a different WEB interface to the Tape Library?
We are having a bit of trouble accessing it. When the consultant installed our SAN & Tape Libraries we are not sure if he gave the E1200 a seperate IP address to the tape library ? We have tried connecting a laptop to the serial port on the back of the card but couldn't get a terminal session. I also assume that the ethernet connection on the back of the card just gets plugged in to the network? Sorry about the probable obvious questions mate, it's just that we are a little in the dark over this.
Regards
Brendan
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Yes, the MSL and the NSRs have separate web interface connections.
Brendan Lynch
Occasional Contributor

Managed to sort this today mate, thanks for your help.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

That's good to hear.

If you could, send the ltt event logs (EventLog*.ltt in the logs folder) to ltt_team@hp.com so we can see why the host firmware update failed.

- ltt team
olamide badmus
Occasional Advisor

Could you please help.
Do you know how I can make MSl5026 work with Veritas Backup exe?
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

> Could you please help.
> Do you know how I can make MSl5026 work with Veritas Backup exe?

You should really start a new thread for a different problem.

If you look under compatibility and tools here: www.hp.com/go/ebs

you will see that the MSL5026 is supported with Veritas Backup Exec for Windows Servers, and for Netware.

You'll have to be more specific about what problems you having (and start a new thread).