1752584 Members
4331 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Setup with backupexec 8.5

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Setup with backupexec 8.5

I am trying to fix Compaq 20/40G DAT autoloader over Compaq Proliant DL380 server, the device driver is working properly and seen as Compaq TSL 10000 SCSI Sequential Device from computer device manager, it is working properly as a standalone tape device and that is my problem, I need to get it functioning as autoloader since it is loaded with 8 tapes, Backupexec deal with it as standalone nevertheless autoloader module is enabled and Library Expantion option serial code is entered, backupexec recognize it as COMPAQ1 under stand-alone devices in the left pane, So please guide me what to do?
6 REPLIES 6
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I am having the exact same problem. Tape drive works fine, but no autoloader is listed. Anyone have any Ideas.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Do you have the latest patches installed on Arcserve (these often include updated drivers)?
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I am having the same problem except I am running a DL580 server. RonG, why did you reccomend getting ARCSERVE drivers when he said he is using BENT? I am using BENT 8.0 and I haven't found any help on the veritas site. Will the latest drivers fix my problem??? Right now it seems to be working but as soon as the first 20GB tape is full, the job hangs in a state of "LOADING MEDIA" so it seems to be a problem with making the transition to the next tape in the sequence. I am letting ADAMM manage my backups and not RSM. I am running W2K.

Any help???

Thanks
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Hi
You will be stop Compaq Storage Agent.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Hi ... I trying with the same platform and now the device work fine.
Pls update Windows 2000 with SP2, Veritas BackupExec ver 8.5 greater than rel. 1.3 A and then pls read microsoft product support service at http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q248/8/00.asp or you can find the topic "Removable Storage Manager Reports Automatic Library Configuration Error Messages". I hope this can help you.

Zack
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Hi, over there. We had the same problem. Solution was to buy a Controller that support LUNs (because the Changer is located on the same SCSI-ID but on LUN 1 with the Tapedrive on LUN 0). Afterwards a tape-changer-device was found by Windows. Hope this helps.