4012 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Soft errors when I try to open MSL6030 doors

Lumar Regalado
Frequent Advisor

Soft errors when I try to open MSL6030 doors

Hello everyone.
I'm receiving several error messages when I try to access both left and right door or the mail slot in a MSL6030 tape library.
I called HP and they told me to replace both door sensors, I did it but the error was not resolved.
Some of you have seen this before? I read a thread before, that said to adjust the door screw. I also did it, but there wasn't success.
Thank for your comments.
Lumar.
7 REPLIES 7
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Soft errors when I try to open MSL6030 doors

What kind of messages?
The lib cannot work while the doors are open.
Is this a timeout related message or did you get any "door open" message while the doors are actually closed? More information please.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Lumar Regalado
Frequent Advisor

Well,
When I try to open the door, touching at the fron panel, the library return me that error.
By example, if I touch "Magazine Access" and then Right, a 2092 error apears on the screen. The same is for the left door and the mail slot.
Let me say that internally all the functions works ok. I've made backups and restore, moved media among slots and drives. It's just the open and close door feature that it doesn't working.
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

I do suspect you must be getting the errors 2090,2091.2092,2093 which are deal with library doors.
Did you run the sensor diagnostic test ?
Status -> Menu -> Utilities -> Dignostices -> Sensor Test
Which firmware version the library has?

Take a look at the MSL Library Troubleshooting tree being made available by HP at
http://www.hp.com/support/msltstree and follow the resolution procedure.
Check for sensor cables and connectors if they look good.

Lumar Regalado
Frequent Advisor

I run the diagnostic and door sensors report me a code 11. Do you know what this means?
Also, I've changed both sensors. What cable do I need to check?
I don't have the service manual for the new model of MSL6030. I tried to open the rear cage, but, honestly, I couldn't be able to do it.
Maybe some of you have the newest service manual?
Thanks.
Lumar
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

hello,

I would like to understand, when did you try to open the door? when the library is online?
With the library off line, or after a reboot, do you get the same error?

if the library is working, usualy the doors are locked by the sw, if you try to open the door via froont panel, it will not open, and an error will be generated.
The library is locked, you should release it from your software application, then from the front panel you can open it.

The sensor test show the status of the sensors: 11 sensors are both closed, opening the doors, should show a transition to 00

Try this: shut down the library, disconnect scsi or FC cable to the host, reboot the library, now try to open the door via front panel, if you cannot succeed, try with the emergency way.

then you can try to run the sensor test and check if sensor works

marino
Lumar Regalado
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Marino for your response.
Well, the library is connected to a SAN environment. But, how I wrote before, the internal functions works ok. I have done backups from Windows and OpenVMS and it worked fine.
The only thing are the doors.
I tried your indications. I run the sensor diagnostic, when both doors are closed the status is 11. When both doors are opened the status is 00. When left door is opened and right door is closed, status is 10 and lastly, when left door is closed and right door is opened the status is 01.
HP is asking me to change the control panel module. Do you think this going to help me?
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

your sensor test looks good.
The experience with a lot of different hardware shows, more and more of the behavior depends on firmware.
What version are you running?
Current is 513.
Try to check/updated using ltt and watch your lib.
Remember, if the lib is busy, it won't open the doors.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!