StoreEver Tape Storage
1753430 Members
4793 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

StorageWorks L&TT, Device not accessible - cannot determine class driver, or opened exclusively

SOLVED
Go to solution
Renos Andreou
Occasional Contributor

StorageWorks L&TT, Device not accessible - cannot determine class driver, or opened exclusively

i have a DW083 Ultrium 2 SAS tape drive which i can find in the server device manager but veritas 12 cannot find it.
i run hardware scan in NT Miniport mode in Storageworks L&TT and i got the following result:
'Lsi_SCSI Adapter' at address '4/0.255.0', driver: Lsi_sas
Found HP Ultrium 2-SCSI at address 4/0.8.0
Device not accessible - cannot determine class driver, or opened exclusively.

This happened after we replaced the old DW085A drive with the DW083.

Can someone please help?
3 REPLIES 3
Ganz
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: StorageWorks L&TT, Device not accessible - cannot determine class driver, or opened exclusively

Hello Renos,

If the server OS is Windows 2003 then install the hotfix KB943545. Reboot the host and verify if the LSI driver and HBA BIOS are the latest. Before launching L&TT tool Stop the Vertias services.
Stop "Removable Stoarge Manager" and any LSI SAS HBA configuration utility/service service from the Services console.
LTT Team
Valued Contributor

Re: StorageWorks L&TT, Device not accessible - cannot determine class driver, or opened exclusively

Hi,

L&TT would not be able to access the drive if the backup application has opened the drives in exclusive mode. Please stop any Backup applications running, and run L&TT and do a hardware scan.

If RSM service (Removable Storage Manager) is running, stop it and re run L&TT.

Also, L&TT may not be able to access the drives if a non HP class driver is installed.

Thanks,
Roy - L&TT Team
Renos Andreou
Occasional Contributor

it works, thank you very much, i have installed the hotfix KB943545, then updated the LSI SAS controller driver, bios and firmware.
The RSM service was already stopped and i manualy stopped the BackupExec services as well.

i managed to backup via windows NT Backup but Veritas still can't find the device.