1752583 Members
5344 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Storageworks Autoloader 1/8 G2 "Invalid Magazine"

KMcNeil
Occasional Visitor

Storageworks Autoloader 1/8 G2 "Invalid Magazine"

I've got one of the aforementioned units at the office.  I went to put an addtional tape in the machine, and I'm getting an "Invalid Magazine" error.  When this happens, the affected magazine (has happened to both right and left magazines) unlocks, and when it is removed and replaced, the unit will move the robotic arm around a bit, then repeat the process.

The unit is unusable right now, as it hits this error before fully booting up.  I've attached the ticket from LTTools.

Product is out of warranty, so... What am I looking at here in terms of replacing parts?  Chassis?  I don't think it's the magazines, as both are being flagged invalid.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

P.S. This thread has been moved from  Tape >Tape Backup (Small and Medium Business) >to Tape Libraries and Drives.-Hp forum moderator

2 REPLIES 2
KMcNeil
Occasional Visitor

Additionally, it is also displaying Robotic Failure 9b c4 when it seemingly accepts the magazines.

Rajanikant
Trusted Contributor

Hello,

From what i can understand, the problem is actually not in the magazine but in the sensor that checks the magazine availability. Please try the following steps:

1. Remove the magazines and verify that all the clear plastic inserts in the magazine storage slots, except the mailslots, are present and firmly seated.

2. Try to reset the autoloader to the Factory defaults from the Operator Panel and then check if that helps.

If the above steps do not help, i will recommand to contact HP Support and they will help you fix the unit