1753495 Members
4900 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Storageworks SSL2020 Firmware update failed

Bert van Dijk

Storageworks SSL2020 Firmware update failed

Hi,

I'm having trouble with my SSL2020 after a failed firmware update performed with HP LTT latest version. During update there was an I/O error after this the display of the device reported 'programming FLASH 1 of 16' for a couple of hours. after this period i powered off the device, and then at power on it won't boot normal. the diplay gives a messages something like '...Boot Code.. trying to sync with host' now i can't even open the door. Help please?

t.i.a. Bert van Dijk
9 REPLIES 9
Lyle Dove

I am having this exact same problem. Anyone have any ideas?
Claudio Ruzza_1
Valued Contributor

I'm afraid the upgrade process has failed for some reason.
I can't see any other solution than open an Hardware call and get your SSL2020 controller board replaced.

99,9% of the times firmware upgrades run OK, but there's still an 0,1%....

Claudio
Bert van Dijk

I have already solved this problem by using an old compaq program called LibCenter and a firmware file wich can be used by this program. This program communicate through te console port at the back of the device. I have now firmware 4.20 running on the library and this is working fine.
Lyle Dove

Where can I get this application? Or does it need to be licensed?
Bert van Dijk

I have this application and it does not need to be licensed. the size of the files is over 1Mb so i can't attach them to this. if you send me a message to van_dijkbert@hotmail.com then i will send you the files needed.
Lyle Dove

Thanks Bert! I've responded to your email already. Please also provide anything else I will need including connectivity settings as well to the unit via the serial port. I tried with my own cable, and Im not sure what the values should be.

Thanks again!!
Bert van Dijk

Lyle,

Did you get my message, port number and baudrate are the only settings i know of that are necessary.
On the device itself there are no futher settings it should be turned on and the display should read something like 'waiting to sync with host'

Bert
Lyle Dove

I have not received any email from you. Can you try again. This is the email I sent to as you listed above. van_dijkbert@hotmail.com I have not received a response yet. ldove@bizla.rr.com is my email, I'll send another message.

Thanks!
Wim Rotty_1

Same sad story as Bert van Dijk.
I was also one of the 0.1% mentioned by Claudio Ruzza.
LibCenter, firmware 4.21 and a straight serial 9 pin female to male cable helped me.
LibCenter 3.6:
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp18001-18500/sp18009.exe
or
ftp://ftp.overlandstorage.com/Utility/LibCenter/libcenter36.zip
Firmware 4.21 for the SSL2020:
ftp://ftp.overlandstorage.com/Firmware/AIT_LibraryPro/AitLib_421.bin