StoreEver Tape Storage
1753407 Members
6900 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SureStore DAT24 Doesn't want to clean

kofe

SureStore DAT24 Doesn't want to clean

A DAT24 HP Surestore was given to me, It'is ok but it doesn't accept clean carbridges.
When i put them in it, it makes a noise (scrach....) and ejects the clean carbridge. The little LED clean doesn't swith on...

Why, hot to clean it??

However, it is ok, it saves data normally.
3 REPLIES 3
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Kofe,
DAT drives should be cleaned after each 5 full backups or 20 tape pulling hours. If drive starts asking to be cleaned flashing cleaning led it's usually too late to clean :o(
Cleaning process should take some time - about 2 minutes, and then tape automatically got ejected by the drive.
Please make sure you do not overuse cleaning tapes. Change them in time
Eugeny
kofe

Ok. It's time, I must clean my SureStore. But, it doesn't want to load clean cartdridge.
When I put it, it makes a noise (strong and bizar) and eject the tape 15 seconds later.
The clean cartdrige is new.
And When i instert the clean cartbridge, the clean LED doesn't swith on.

Why...
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Clean led switches on indicating that drive have to be cleaned. When drive got satisfied with clenaing, it turns off this led. This led does not turn on when cleaning.
About tape: is your new tape HP C5709A, see http://www.hp.com/products1/storage/products/media/tapebackup_media/tape_dds/index.html ? If yes, try this tape with another DAT24 drive to see if it will behave the same way
Eugeny