1752653 Members
5884 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SureStore24x6e - Netware6sp3 - Arcserve 9

Dan Denne
Occasional Contributor

SureStore24x6e - Netware6sp3 - Arcserve 9

Arcserve is seeing this as a tape drive instead of a changer. Do you know which driver netware should be loading?
6 REPLIES 6
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Please check what SCSI bios of SCSI card says. 24x6's LUN 0 is a tape drive, and LUN 1 is an autochanger. Thus to see autochanger set SCSI card's 'LUN support' option to on
Eugeny
Johann Jonsson

I have exact same problem! on my windows XP machine, Using Arcserve 9 (Trial Version).

I did try to upgadre firmware, but that was not possible

I include the Service ticket for my device.

I did tray to install ASPI Driver, and selected that when I was trying to upgrade firmware, but no luck, I did also try to do this from DOS (boot up from dos diskett) but no luck, LUN support is on on the SCSI Card.

Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Strange. LUN 1 is seen as Tape Drive. Please check if autoloader's "autoloader option" switch at the rear is set to 7
Eugeny
Johann Jonsson

And I did, it was on 5! know I was able to update the firmware by using ASPI driver (not NT miniport driver) and it is know working as it should!

Thanx
Dan Denne
Occasional Contributor

My autoloader is connected to an AHA2940UW. Is this an incorrect SCSI card for this device. The cable connecting the 2 is an "HPC5665-61001 wide to narrow terminated". Should this work?
Johann Jonsson

AHA2940UW is one of the certified cards to use, Im using that, firmware 2.20.

Cable, well Im just using the Orginal cable hwo came with the drive...