StoreEver Tape Storage
1748219 Members
4414 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SureStrore LTO 215 Firmware

Regine Rosewich

SureStrore LTO 215 Firmware

I have an internal LTO Tape-Drive used with Veritas Backup-Exec 8.6 / Win2000 Server. It is recognized by TT&L as "HP Ultrium-1-SCSCi" with Firmware Revision N15G/OEM10. The Problem is that the drive does not accept the Ultrium universal cleaning cartrige(C7978A) and also refuses to accept any of the firmware updates offered by TT&L/internet. The error message is "There is no firmware available for this identity".

Althoug the cleaning Tape is brandnew, HP-Support supposes that the tape is defect.

Does anyone have similar problems with a drive and the firmware revision mentioned.
6 REPLIES 6
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Regine Rosewich

Hello Vincent,

thank you for the reply. It doesn't help anyway because I tried already all the hints on the page you gave me the link to.

Meanwhile I could test the cleaning cartridge in a LTO-drive with an other firmware revision and it worked.

So the problem seems actually to be the fact that on one hand the firmware of the drive in question needs to be updated and that on the other hand the TT&L software refuses to do the update because it cannot find any firmware update fitting to the identity of the drive in question
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor
Frax
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

you have to contact the HP support in order to get the LTT password, so that you can enable "factory override" under "option" (on bottom of the screen).

The option "manual product identification" will be available and you can force the Firmware that HP-Support suggest you.

This could solve your problem!

Bye

Frax
Regine Rosewich

Hello Vincent, Hello Frax,

non of the firmware updates offered on the link given by Vincent are accepted for the firmware-revision(N15G) in my drive so it seems as if the hint of frax is the only one that might help.

I'm already trying to get the password for the password override.

thanx so far

Regine
Paul Tarbrooke
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I know this is an old thread, but did you fix it !? I have the same problem trying to f/w upgrade from N15G/OEM10....