StoreEver Tape Storage
1753768 Members
5246 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Surestore Tape 5000 - No Tape Drive Detected?

Donna Burkett_1
Occasional Contributor

Surestore Tape 5000 - No Tape Drive Detected?

We have bee using a Surestore Tape 5000 external for several years and now, all of the sudden, I'm getting a No Tape Drive Detected. The first thing I did was clean it with a tape, then purchased a new cleaning tape, then I tried using new tapes (same brand), and still the same message. Since this message has started appearing, I have had to restore from a previous tape and was able to do so successfully, so I am able to use the storage device for that, but what can I do to enable the backup to find the tape drive? Nothing has been moved or changed before all of this started (or since).
2 REPLIES 2
John McConalogue
Occasional Contributor

Re: Surestore Tape 5000 - No Tape Drive Detected?

Have you rebooted your server, if you have then the server may not have picked up the drive, this can happen if you have rebooted the server and the tape drive was turned off at the time. Ensure that the tape drive is turned on before you take the server back up or ewlse the tape drives will not be picked up by the server.
Donna Burkett_1
Occasional Contributor

Re: Surestore Tape 5000 - No Tape Drive Detected?

Thank you for your reply, but unfortunately, we have not rebooted our server, and it shows being attached to the computer that runs the Surestore Tape 5000. But I will try rebooting the file server anyway.