StoreEver Tape Storage
1753317 Members
5321 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

System event 1175 from MSL5026

Chris Brown_15

System event 1175 from MSL5026

I am getting inconsistent warning events in the W2K Adv Srvr system log with one of my MSL5026 libraries. When one of the doors is opened, a tape is pulled/inserted, and door is closed, this process takes approx 15 seconds max. I check the system event log and there are two system event warnings (ID 1175) for door status 4 (open) and status 3 (closed), but the times between the two event is two minutes. Why is a 15 second process reporting that doors are open for two minutes? Neither of my other two libraries report either of these events. Any ideas/solutions would be greatly apprciated.
2 REPLIES 2
Helen French
Honored Contributor

Re: System event 1175 from MSL5026

Even if your library doors are closed, the OS might wait for some more time to get a response from the SCSI controller. I wouldn't worry much about a 2 min. change in reporting time. You can experince this in person if you closely observer your library operations. Try doing a 'media label' from your backup software and watch the time difference between the actual process and the time it takes to report that the operation is 'successful'. These time will vary with respect to OS, SCSI contoller, remote operation, fibre channel etc.

Also, if you suspect a big difference in response time, check your SCSI controller, library and connections.
Life is a promise, fulfill it!
Chris Brown_15

Re: System event 1175 from MSL5026

Shiju,

Thanks for the reply. I just find it odd that the other library that is connected to the same MDR and server doesn't report amy events for the same process. I try your suggestion on the media label and compare the time results.