StoreEver Tape Storage
1753776 Members
7441 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

T3000 and Windows 98

T3000 and Windows 98

Problems with T3000 and Windows 98.
I had to put a t3000 from a Win95 System (it worked for a long long time...) into a system with windows 98. But Windows 98SE did not automatically recognize the tape drive properly (only as QIC 3020). The attempt to install the HP file "Tapecat.exe" ended in the error message "could not find dll DBDA03.dll". So I am stuck in the middle of nowhere.
Is there some way out?
2 REPLIES 2
Richard Xedos

Re: T3000 and Windows 98

Well, I'm having similar problems although I've worked through similar ones to yours. I ended up loading the software and installing the drive using the C:\windows\backup file when the installation asked for the cregtape.vx_ file. I now have my tape drive working and recognized. However, I still can't complete a backup...I keep getting an error about 1/3 of the way into the backup. I was hoping to get more information from the forum with others with similar problems.

Hope that helps,
Rick
Dan_139
Advisor

Re: T3000 and Windows 98

I'm not sure how much help this is but I'll give you some info that I came across. If it's an external drive, make sure the parallel port is set to EPP or ECP in BIOS.
In Win98 install CBII v8.0 from HP web site, it should provide it's own drivers. If it's an external drive you may have to download the Shuttleport driver for the LPT port (HP site).
If it's an internal drive make sure it's a fast Floppy controller (1MB/s).
knowlegde is key to what?