1753479 Members
5237 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

TL891 Library

Kenneth Yip
Occasional Contributor

TL891 Library

I had a tape stuck in 1 of the 2 DLT drives that caused a hardware fault light to go on in the front panel. I then opened the case and try to eject the tape using the eject button on the drive, but unsuccessful. Afterwards I was able to release the tape but the drive still thinks a tape is inside. I rebooted the loader but it still thinks that a tape is inside. As well all the lights flash on that particular drive. Is there any way to resolve this?
5 REPLIES 5
Abdul Rahiman
Esteemed Contributor

Re: TL891 Library

I think you have a bad tape drive, especially since the error coming back even after rebooting the library. I would call in the hardwae support and replace the drive in similar situations, which I have had a few times.

~Abdul.

No unix, no fun
Shaikh Imran
Honored Contributor

Hi,
I will go with abdul's advise.

Regards,

I'll sleep when i am dead.
Kenneth Yip
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the replies guys. I will call the hardware support line
Tim Schaffer
Occasional Advisor

I would also try resetting the defaults, with the library powered off, hold in the up and down arrows at the same time, and power the library up, keeping the buttons held in until all the leds on the front of the librry flash at the same time, then release. After the library comes up, complete another power cycled, no buttons, and see if the library has the same issue.
Kenneth Yip
Occasional Contributor

The loader reset did not resolve the issue. What i see is when the loader checks drive 1, it takes a very long time and after it times out the LEDs on the drive itself begin flashing.