StoreEver Tape Storage
1752565 Members
5422 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: TL891 minilibrary setup on a Dell PowerEdge 4350....

mathieu_3

TL891 minilibrary setup on a Dell PowerEdge 4350....

....I'm trying to get a Compaq TL891 minilibrary to work on a Dell PowerEdge 4350 running win2000AdvServ_SP3. My server will not recognize the hardware at all. Is anybody familiar with the tl891 that knows of a trick to get it to work? Possibly there is a SCSI ID setting that I'm unaware of. Any help would be much appreciated....
If it weren't for computers, I'd....read a book.
5 REPLIES 5
mathieu_3

a couple follow-up questions:

Could the communication problem have something to do with a difference between Compaq and Dell?

I haven't been able to find a manual for the TL891 online. Does anybody have a link?

thanks....
If it weren't for computers, I'd....read a book.
Dave Dewar
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

Here is the link to the TL891 information.

http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storageworks/dlt891/index.html

this is a retired product now, which is why it was a little difficult to find :-)

Your problem might well be scsi controller related. From this link you can get to compatibility matrices etc.

Cheers,

Dave Dewar
Bill Peters

I found the user guide after an obscure web search at http://www.xenya.si/sup/info/digital/MDS/jun99/Cd3/STORAGE/TL891UGA.PDF

Hope that helps
Don't fix what ain't broke!
Neal Bowman
Respected Contributor

What SCSI adapter are you using in the Dell server? The TL891 requires a HVD/DIFF controller to recognize the drives and picker. From HP, you may want to use the StorageWorks Library Adapter, which specifies the TL891 as a supportted device. The connectors are VHDCI x2. Cables for the adapter to library are #341176-B21 (6 ft) and 341177-B21 (12 ft).

Chris Taylor_6

Two of the controllers that go in the server are 64bit requiring a 64bit PCI slot and one of them is a 64bit, 66Mhz controller requiring a 64bit 66Mhz PCI slot. Does your Dell see the SCSI adapter with nothing connected to it? It needs to.
If it ain't broke, leave it alone.