1748000 Members
4876 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: TL891 shows "In Flux" error

Chris Wong_1
Advisor

TL891 shows "In Flux" error

I have four TL891 libraries with two 35/70 drives each running with Backup Exec 9.1 SP2. The one library started showing an "In Flux" error on the drives when I try to run an inventory or backup job. Where do I start to troubleshoot this or do I just look for a replacement on eBay...?
4 REPLIES 4
Claudio Ruzza_1
Valued Contributor

Tried to power cycle the library?
The library is connected to the server via SCSI? FC?
Already disabled Removable storage?
If the problem is still present after a power cycle I'm afraid you have to get your drive(s) replaced.

HTH
Claudio
Chris Wong_1
Advisor

Tried cold shutdown; connected via SCSI; Removable Storage is disabled. Replacement is what I was figuring. It's odd that both drives are showing the error though. I was probably just going to buy an entire TL891 unit off eBay...
Claudio Ruzza_1
Valued Contributor

Have you tried to unplug the SCSI cables from your server and re-cycle the library?

Before to search for an entire tape library, test thorougly your TL891 with the software tool HP LTT.

Get it here for free: http://www.hp.com/support/tapetools

You can run the drive validation test, that will tell you the last word about your drives' health

HTH
Claudio
Chris Wong_1
Advisor

So I've tested the library and both drives with the latest LT&T SP3 released in June. I ran all the available tests and they all passed. I re-enabled the library and drives in Veritas Backup Exec and tried a couple inventory jobs and they ran without an issue. I dunno; I'll see how it goes tonight after I put the library back into our backup rotation tonight...