StoreEver Tape Storage
1752347 Members
6051 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: TL891DLX Problem

Adrian Payne_1

TL891DLX Problem

I am having a problem with the a TL891DLX library on Windows 2003 server.

In device manager I can see the tape drive and the medium changer says I have a Compaq StorageWorks DLT Mini-Library but there is an exclamation mark on it.

If I check the properties of the library it says this "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

All the SCSI settings appear to be OK. Anyone have any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4
Peter Godron
Honored Contributor

Adrian,
try a google with
"This device cannot start." "exclamation mark"
gave me 243 entries to read through.
If none of these work, update on this forum or if something does work, update with solution and close thread.
Regards
Andrew Hazell
Advisor

Adrian

Have you tried updating the firmware using HP Tape Tools? You could also try resetting the SCSI IDs.

Have you checked the cables and termination? Is the SCSI Card functioning OK.

Regards

Andrew
Adrian Payne_1

Peter, Andrew

Thank you very much for your replies.

I have found a work around to the problem but not a fix to the original problem.

The libaray was connected to the server through a differential SCSI card. This worked fine in NT but when the server was upgraded to Windows 2003 it failed. I believe it created some sort of resource conflict within Windows 2003. I didnt really have the opportunity to do any tests as this is a live server.

So, I attached the library to the onboard SCSI conroller on the Compaq ML530 and it works fine

Adrian Payne_1

I have found a work around to the problem but not a fix to the original problem.

The libaray was connected to the server through a differential SCSI card. This worked fine in NT but when the server was upgraded to Windows 2003 it failed. I believe it created some sort of resource conflict within Windows 2003. I didnt really have the opportunity to do any tests as this is a live server.

So, I attached the library to the onboard SCSI conroller on the Compaq ML530 and it works fine