1752782 Members
6148 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

TSL9000 DDS3 8 Cassette Autoloader cassette stuck

phat tran_1
Occasional Advisor

TSL9000 DDS3 8 Cassette Autoloader cassette stuck

I have the TSL9000 (DDS3 8 Cassette Autoloader) with the problem cassette stuck in drive.
stuck
ResetReq"
I press and hold the eject button , but only the magagine is remove, the tape still stuck in drive
Please advise how to remove the stuck tape.
5 REPLIES 5
malvin drakley
Esteemed Contributor

Re: TSL9000 DDS3 8 Cassette Autoloader cassette stuck

Hi, unless you have a good engineering knowledge it is very difficult to take out the stuck tape. the whole unit normally has to be dismantled in order to get the tape out. You could try power cycling the machine, putting the cassette back in and trying an unload. If that works something you must remember is not to put any sticky labels on the top of the tape because they are what cause the tapes to stick in the drive. The labels peel up as the tape is inserted into the drive, and then when the eject tries to take place the tape won't move. Otherwise your only alternative is to call your service provider
hope this gives you something to go on
malvin
Not me Chief, I'm Radar
phat tran_1
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for reply
How about hardward reset on the Tape Drive ?
phat tran_1
Occasional Advisor

"ResetReq"
What is the sequence for reseting the TSL9000 tape drive ?

malvin drakley
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Phat, have checked for documentation on the HP website and find that the drive is a Sony build.

TSL9000 Drive specs per the SDT9000 but with 180,000 MTBF
Autoloader features an 8 cartridge magazine enabling a capacity from 32 to 64GB. Features a mean Swaps Between Failure of 100,000 load/unloads, 50s cartridge swap time, horiz. or vert. mount & unique "push method" operation for reliable tape exchange. Designed for a 5.25" full height slot. Supplied with user manual and one magazine (no tapes).

the above paragraph is from the Sony website and from what it claims I definitely think you should see your service agent

There are also several Rompaq patches for the drive
malvin
Not me Chief, I'm Radar
phat tran_1
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for doing research. However I think there an actual reset sequence for this tape drive. And that is the information I would like to know.