4656 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Tape Library Error MSL5000

JohnSpore
Frequent Advisor

Tape Library Error MSL5000

Hi,

We have HP MSL5000 Tape Library, all these days it was working fine and all of sudden now it is giving problem i.e one of the tape is jammed in drive and if i try to move it from drive to slot using move menu available in tape library its giving an error message as (Error Code:310b[Hard] Picker Jamed 11) and some time as,Error Code:3013(Soft) drive fetch failure.

Can any of you help me on this please.

Regards,
Aravind

7 REPLIES 7
Uli B├╢hm
Frequent Advisor

Hi,
ensure the drive shows good status through the drive status window.Unload/load the cartridge to the drive to verify. I think the cartridge is damaged.
JohnSpore
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

It shows as Drive loaded, if i try to unload using move option to other slot the same problem occurs.

Is Any other way to resolve this.

I feel some alignment problem with the picker but i am not sure how correct i am i please advice what next i need to do.

Luk Vandenbussche
Honored Contributor

I think you have a hardware problem with your picker. Open a call at hp to replace teh picker. I hope you have a hw contract
Prasanth B
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

Looks like a hardwaer problem. I believe the problem is with the drive rather than robotic arm. As a last try you may try the following

mt -t /dev/rmt/devicename-of-tapedrive offl

then try to move the tape out using the control panel.

The othr option to try is power cycling the library.

-PB
Take life as it comes
JohnSpore
Frequent Advisor

Hi All,

In this library we have 4nos of Ultrim1 drives other drives are working i can start backup on those except the one which tape is stucked inside.

And i can observe that cartridge is coming littel outside the drive when i try to move the cartridge to slot.

And we use windows 2000 server as OS & Data Protector5.0 for Backup.

Regards,
Aravind
JohnSpore
Frequent Advisor

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay in replying the message,

My problem is already solved, what i did for this is,

1. I tried to pick the Cartridge from drive to slot using move command this didn't helped, after several times the next step what i did is.

2. I switched off the library for 8-10 Hrs then i tried to move the cartridge it really worked for me.

Hence thanks for all the help from your side.

Thanks All,

Once Again

Regards,
Aravind
JohnSpore
Frequent Advisor

Yes Pls go through the above matter.

Regards,
Aravind