5927 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Tape Library TL891

tultalk
Frequent Advisor

Tape Library TL891

Hi:

I bought above as surplus. Door arms were both broken. I picked up a tape drive for it on ebay and installed.

When the shuttle moves to place tape, the servo pin is forced down to engage the door lever. When moving toward the front, the pin is supposed to move the door lever forward. It only engages a corner and tilts the shuttle up as it passes by. I can manually flick it to the open position and the shuttle will insert the tape. The lever appears too short.

Question:

Are there different length plastic levers for this drive: TZ89N-AV?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Louis Henninger_1
Regular Advisor

There is only one type of plastic lever for the TA891 internal drives.
These can be purchased from HP in lots of 10.
I don't have the part number handy at this time.
tultalk
Frequent Advisor

Hi:

Thanks. I am aware of that. They are 10 for $180 or 10 for $204???

I found some on eBay with pictures that look like what I have.

If there is only one size then something else must be wrong with the servo pin hitting the corner and not the face of the lever.
Louis Henninger_1
Regular Advisor

E mail me the P/N, I'll chech with what I have at home...
tultalk
Frequent Advisor

Don't have your email address.

Part no 124136-001

Thanks.

Best regards
Louis Henninger_1
Regular Advisor

E mail me your mailing address: I have two new levers, I can send you. After reading your problem, it could be that the actuating pin has slipped up into the plastic arm. The pin, if working correctly, engages the levers by about 1/8 inch. It doesn't take much out of align to cause them to miss the "hook". You could have some play in the guide rails or the screw drive shaft.

P.S. My part number was a "pre-HP" DEC P/N so I know it's the right one. It was different from yours, but yours could be the HP replacement P/N.