Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tape attach backup problem from D2D2504i to 1/8 G2 Autoloader

Rodrigo Verissimo
Occasional Advisor

Tape attach backup problem from D2D2504i to 1/8 G2 Autoloader

Hi.

We have purchased recently a D2D2504i solution and even if the backup perform flawlessly from Arcserve to the D2D, we still have the following problems :

-Unable to change date and time on the D2D2504i, using the web interface or telnet, and no NTP functionnality provided.

-More annoying : the backup copies from virtual slots to the 1/8 G2 tape attach ( LTO-3 Ultrium 920 SAS) does not work with the following message :
"Attempt to move cartridge in physical library failed", after some time it worked but only allowing to use the physical autoloader slot 2.
Additionnal info : we do not use barcodes, could it be the cause of the problem ?
Media are 400 GB native LTO3.
The 1/8 G2 autloader is configured in "random" mode, we also tried "automatic"
the option to use barcodes is also disabled.
The 1/8 G2 uses the latest firmware :MSL_1x8_G2_2.70.frm

Thank you for your help.
2 REPLIES
Michel Rondeau
Occasional Visitor

Re: Tape attach backup problem from D2D2504i to 1/8 G2 Autoloader

Hi,

I'm having the same error message "Attempt to move cartridge in physical library failed" with a D2D2503i attached in SCSI with a 1/8 G2 Autoloader. I was wondering if you found any solution to this.

Thanks,

Michel
Humphrey McGee
Occasional Advisor

Re: Tape attach backup problem from D2D2504i to 1/8 G2 Autoloader

I am having the same problem with the error message, "Attempt to move cartridge in physical library failed", and have yet to find a solution. I did find out that you can change the date and the time if you delete the library (you can change date/time only when there are no libraries present). And of course you lose all the data on the D2D if you do that. Genius.