5651 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Tape drive Ultrium 460 in MSL6030 not seen through the E1200 on Bus 0

ziad_1
Frequent Advisor

Tape drive Ultrium 460 in MSL6030 not seen through the E1200 on Bus 0

Hi all,

I have an MSL6030 with 2 Ultrium drive 460 and one storage router E1200 in The browser when I access the E1200 I can see the taope drive on Bus 1 but on Bus 0 I can't see the another tape drive it cannot be discovered I see only the autoloader controller under this Bus 0. Before I have seen this drive under Bus 0. now The HP-UX server cannot see this drive he see only the other tape drive which is seen under bus 1 through the E1200 storage router. I have replaced the E1200 and the tape drive in question but with no success. Please can anyone help me to solve this issue. Thanks in advance for your help.
ziad
2 REPLIES 2
Ian Vaughan
Honored Contributor

Re: Tape drive Ultrium 460 in MSL6030 not seen through the E1200 on Bus 0

Howdy,
Which of the FC-SCSI mapping options are you using - I seem to remember that "indexed" is the one to use if you have HP-UX hosts?

If you have swapped the tape unit and swapped the NSR itself is it a bad cable? Are the terminators on nice and tight? Is the MSL cabled up as per the installation guide?

If you have a long enough scsi cable you could cut out the NSR and scsi directly to the library & drives. This would cut out the SAN and test at least scsi connectivity proving the drives & robot good or bad.

Sorry can't be more help - let us know how this turns out. I have heard of another E1200 going loopy (excuse the pun) just last week.

HTH
Ian
Hope that helps - please click "Thumbs up" for Kudos if it does
## ---------------------------------------------------------------------------##
Which is the only cheese that is made backwards?
Edam!
Tweets: @2techie4me
ziad_1
Frequent Advisor

Re: Tape drive Ultrium 460 in MSL6030 not seen through the E1200 on Bus 0

Hello vaughan,
Thanks for your reply. I have another same MSL6030 connected to the same way to the Hp-UX server with same configuration and the Map is autoassign and it works fine. Please note that the MSL6030 in question was working before but now has problem. Can it be the library controller card. I will try to see if I have SCSI cable which I don't think I have and try SCSI connection. But meanwile does anybody have another Idea.
ziad