StoreEver Tape Storage
1748240 Members
3670 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Tape tools reboots server

jackp_1

Tape tools reboots server

We are running a MLS6030 connected by SCSI to a DELL 2600 server. We lost the power supply in the Tape Library. After we replaced it we are having intermittent hung ups during backups. Also when I try and run Tape Tools 4.10 the server reboots as during the hardware scan. We have replaced the SCSI cards on the server, which seemed to help but backups are still running long and tape tools is still rebooting server. Any ideas I'm going nuts over here. Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
LTT Team
Valued Contributor

Re: Tape tools reboots server

Hi,

This is issue can occur if there is MegaRAID card present in the system. Other than this incompatibility, I don't think LTT would cause a crash.

Would it be possible to upload the EventLog.ltt? This file is can be found in "c:\Program Files\HP StorageWorks Library and Tape Tools\logs" folder.

Regards,
Satya
LTT Team
jackp_1

Here is the log file. We never had a problem with the server and L&TT before the power supply blow up (fire & smoke)
LTT Team
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I noticed there is a Dell SCSI 320-2 PERC which uses mraid35x driver installed in the system. There are some issues with this driver and LTT.

Could you write an email to ltt.team@hp.com? I would be able to provide a workaround to diagnosis the library. The workaround has one limitation... it would be able to pick on drive at a time unlike the normal run.

Regards,
Satya
Thomas Braun
Advisor

Hi,

I found this thread because I also have a reboot issue with LTT...

I have been running LTT 4.10 without problems so far on a Intel server with an Intel SRCS16 controller - this controller uses Mraid35x.sys, version 6.45.2.32.

The tape drive is attached to an LSI Logic Ultra320 SCSI Series 2000 controller.

After installing the current LTT version 4.11, suddenly the server reboots when scanning for devices.

Removing version 4.11 and re-installing 4.10 did not cure the problem.

Fortunately I hav an recent service log file (see attachement)

What can I do?
TarunJain
Respected Contributor

Hi Thomas,
Please send email to ltt.team@hp.com

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo
src="/html/assets/hpe_banner_SME_signature.p ng">

LTT Team
Valued Contributor

Hi.

Please send the eventlog to ltt.team@hp.com

This issue may be happening because of mraid drivers.

There is a workaround for it.
rosscplg
Occasional Visitor

Sorry to resurect and old thread but I am having the same issue...

There is a workaround here -

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=3355761&prodTypeId=12169&objectID=c02466833 - However, I cannot select тАШSaved/Manual Scan' as it is greyed out.

Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT : Nervermind, Managed to run a test via command line and now option is available...