7005 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

TapeAlert Mib

PEUZIAT
Occasional Advisor

TapeAlert Mib

Hi,

I'm getting traps from compaq Tape Drive, and I don't know where to get the last version of the tapeAlert mib 'cause I don't have the latest trap definitions....

Does anybody know where to get this mib ?

Denis
5 REPLIES 5
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Re: TapeAlert Mib

Clarification - tape alert is not a MIB. It's a set of SCSI log sense flags. I'll have to see if there's an external site with the specification (currently 3.0 I think).
The journey IS the reward.
PEUZIAT
Occasional Advisor

I know it's not a mib, I'm just saying that I'm getting events from some devices and they are identified as ENTERPRISE TapeAlert

and I don't have the mib so I don't know the meaning of the events.

Denis
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Do you know what device is providing the tapealerts?

Some library devices (e.g. SureStore 2/20 family, and L180/L700 family) have a network interface and they broadcast tapealerts via SNMP.
PEUZIAT
Occasional Advisor

I have no idea what the device is, and actually I don't care, I just want to be able to interpret the incoming events according to their SID

Denis
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Denis,

You said "compaq tape drive". If this is a standalone drive, and not a tape drive in a library, then the ONLY place the tapealert trap can be coming from is your software. The tape drive provides tapealert over SCSI via a Log Sense page. It's up to the backup application to read the tape alerts, and decide what to do about it.

I found a thread elsewhere of someone having a similar problem:
http://lists.skills-1st.co.uk/mharc/html/nv-l/2002-02/msg00207.html

Are you using CA ARCserve/BrightStor ? If so, look at this thread:
http://support.cai.com/Download/patches/asnw/LO44849.html

I couldn't find anywhere that had the tapealrt.mib file.

Hope that info helps.