5652 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Tapeware or NT Backup?

Angelo_20
Occasional Contributor

Tapeware or NT Backup?

Hello,

I have an HP Proliant ML330 Server with a StorageWorks DAT 72.
I need to use Tapeware or can I use Backup utility integrated on Windows 2003 server too?

Thanks in avance
Angelo
6 REPLIES 6
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Tapeware or NT Backup?

It depend what you need, If you hust need to backup your server some time running manual backup, or simple scheduled backup, you can use the NTBackup applet.
If you need full feature on your backup with scheduled and more detailled jobs, a good database, Disaster recovery feature,..... it is better to run TapeWare
Angelo_20
Occasional Contributor

Grazie mille
Matthew Delaney
Occasional Advisor

Hi, I've been using a DAT24 with NTBackup on my ML330 G3 server and it worked fine til I went to go through my tapes for a second run. Then I started getting problems, that's why I'm here now...

I'm not sure if it is a faulty drive or the NTBackup not functioning correctly because it looks like both. I will be rebuilding the server in the next day or so after testing the DAT drive(HP agent on site also couldn't identify issue).

I willbe using Tapeware when I rebuild, I have the full Tapeware solutions pack that I've been extensively testing for nearly 6 months now and I'm very happy with it even for simple daily back ups. Any problems have been promptly sorted by Yosemite. If you run into trouble with NTBackup it will be very hard to get support. Forums are a great place for ideas and solutions that worked for other people but I find that having someone to call who will go through everything with you personally is much better..

I recommend you go for the Tapeware option. Personally I've found it easier in the long run.

Matthew
"In my office the defecation regularly hits the rotary oscillator"
Angelo_20
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Matthew,

I had problem with tapeware but I think only for my inexperience, I need to know Tapeware much that now.
Were can I find easy Tapeware information?

Bye
Angelo
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

after the manual, this is the starting point for support

http://www.tapeware.com/?PID=8

marino
Matthew Delaney
Occasional Advisor

As Marino said that is where you should look first. As a retailer I have access to a lot more support but the crew at Yosemite are very dedicated and you should get all the support you need from them. And in here, the few hours I've been here I've seen a lot more cooperation in this forum than any other I've tried(and I've tried a lot)..

Matthew
"In my office the defecation regularly hits the rotary oscillator"