StoreEver Tape Storage
1748275 Members
3926 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: There is no free media available with the selected type.Add unused media or click Cancel to end the

Taifur
Respected Contributor

There is no free media available with the selected type.Add unused media or click Cancel to end the

One of our server which Brand:HP Model: Ml350 G5 and SDLT drive which is 300/600 internal drive. It's OS is windows 2003.
When i run ntbackup , it display "There is no free media available with the selected type.Add unused media or click Cancel to end the operation. Note: It may take to 60 seconds to recognize media".

In this moment, I clean drive and also change the tape cartridge but the problem has not been solved yet. Pls help me about this issue.

4 REPLIES 4
TapeDrive Killer
Trusted Contributor

Re: There is no free media available with the selected type.Add unused media or click Cancel to end the

Maybe the media already has a name and its specified to an especific job.

Anyway I reccomend to you to use Data Protector Express you should have recieved a CD with the drive

Pablo ALvarado
Tape Storage DPX
One drink away from sleeping on the pavement
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

This message indicate that you have not "prepared" and assogned the tapes before the use.
you should go through some procedures in NTBackup before to use the tapes.

as already said, it is highly suggested to use a dedicated backup application with high speed devices, NT backup only provide basic functions and one stream backup
Taifur
Respected Contributor

How to assign free media , deguass and format media in tape.Pls let me know
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

I do not think you should degauss the media, you should prepare it as described in the microsoft manual:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300135/en-us