108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Ultrium 1760 Failing Lto drive assesment test in ltt 4.15

Ceet12
Occasional Contributor

Ultrium 1760 Failing Lto drive assesment test in ltt 4.15

Hello all

Im relatively a noob with this so please bear with me

im running windows 7 64 bit and my drive is an ultrium 1760 with the latest firmware according to tapetools, i have two device connected on the scsi card. an adaptec 39320, the second device is a scsi hd with a terminator at the end of the 320 cable

the drive has worked perfect for the past year or so when it has been used which is rarely tbh

the drive keeps failing the lto drive assesment test, ive noticed aswell, everytime  this happens when i go into event viewer there is  a warning presented "The driver detected a controller error on \Device\RaidPort0." Source adpu320

so its defianteltly related

could anyone advise me why this is happening, i dobt the drive is failing, its hardly been used tbh, could it be a case the hard drive connected to the other connection of the scsi cable is failing?

id really appreciate any help

regards

P.S. this thread has been moved from Tape Backup (Small and Medium Business) to Tape Libraries and Drives - HP Forums moderator

11 REPLIES 11
Ceet12
Occasional Contributor

Here are more details of the error

There was an unexpected error condition on a Receive Diagnostic command
Sense Key 0x05, Sense Code 0x2600 (Operator selected invalid field in parameter list) Error Code: 0x1802 DI_INVALID_PARAMETER

any ideas??

i have since changed the scsi card to a spare ive also changed the cable to a spare and a spare terminator i had

and i was still having the same error, so the chances of this happening with different hardware was unlikely thus only leaving the drive to be faulty

i have since uninstalled 4.15 and gone back to 4.14 and i can confirm the test pass 100% with this version!!

is this something i need to be worried about or is this a bug in version 4.15 of tape tools?

all other diagnostic test in 4.14 perform 100% and im certain that was the case in 4.15 except for the drive assesment test?

if anyone could help me id appreciate it! ??

thanks

HOMERSlMPSON
Advisor

Wow. Real active community here.

Here I am searching for help on the same error(Sense Key 0x05, Sense Code 0x2600 (Operator selected invalid field in parameter list) Error Code: 0x1802 DI_INVALID_PARAMETER)
Nice to know no one wants to help with this one...

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Better to open a new thread. "Same problem" usually is not exactly the same ...

Please tell more about your situation, e.g. drive type in question, kind of connection, LTT version used, etc ...

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
RbBsmn
Regular Advisor

Could be that the drive is indeed faulty, however:
http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetHTML.aspx?docname=c04284138

''HP Server Compatibility SAS-based HP StorageWorks Ultrium tape drives are supported on HP ProLiant ML and DL servers

SCSI-based HP StorageWorks Ultrium tape drives are supported on the following classes of HP systems:

HP ProLiant DL servers

HP ProLiant ML servers

HP AlphaServers

HP Integrity servers

HP 9000 servers

HP workstations
SCSI-based HP StorageWorks Ultrium tape drives are also supported on server platforms from third-party manufactures including:

Dell

IBM

Sun''

As you can read these tape drives are meant for Servers and I thus doubt that having a machine (server/pc?) with a non-server OS will be a supported configuration.
I don't know the details of your set-up, but unless you have documentation that proofs everything is supported I think support might give you a hard time replacing it under warranty.
They might replace it as best effort, but if this is a re-occurring issue they are definitely going to look into this.

But that said, that sense code error is something tape drives often need to be replaced for.
Did my post help? Thank me with kudo's! :)
Findus104
Occasional Advisor

Im having the same problem here but in Ltt 4.17 , trying to do LTO Media Assessment Test, version V22.04.2013
But it stucks at "Writing Wraps"

|__ Analysis Results

|__ LTO Media Assessment Test, version V22.04.2013

|__ Test run: Mon Apr 27 12:20:55 2015

|__ Drive serial number: HU1029BBKJ

|__ There was an unexpected error condition on a Receive Diagnostic command

|__ Sense Key 0x05, Sense Code 0x2600 (Operator selected invalid field in parameter list) Error Code: 0x1802 DI_INVALID_PARAMETER

|__ Sense Key 0x00, Sense Code 0x0000 (No additional sense information) Error Code: 0x00 GOOD

|__ Sense Key 0x05, Sense Code 0x2600 (Operator selected invalid field in parameter list) Error Code: 0x1802 DI_INVALID_PARAMETER

|__ ’Allow suspect drive’ test option: TRUE

|__ Drive Assessment Test result: Not previously run.

|__ Data Cartridge Information:

|__     Vendor: Unknown

|__     Format: Unknown

|__     Serial Number: Unknown

|__     Barcode: Unknown

Running on a Server DL380 G2.

did anyone find the problem?

Regards
Findus

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

According to partsurfer your drive could be part of a library, it probably won't work standalone.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=HU1029BBKJ

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

Findus104
Occasional Advisor

Yeah srry, i do the test from a MSL4048 then do SCSI from there. And i do get the same problem. (Error Message)

So i assumed that it was someting faulty with the drive. or if it´s something with the LTT

And i whanted to check if someone has solved the problem with the Error message.

i can do the Read/Write test without any problem but when i do the  LTO Media Assessment i get the same Problem as this.

So my question is , did anyone solve what (Sense Key 0x05, Sense Code 0x2600 (Operator selected invalid field in parameter list) Error Code: 0x1802 DI_INVALID_PARAMETER) Means

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

I would first update LTT from 4.15 to 4.17.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

Findus104
Occasional Advisor

As i wrote before.

"Im having the same problem here but in Ltt 4.17 , trying to do LTO Media Assessment Test, version V22.04.2013"

And i got the latest firmware on the drive and the latest driver for my SCSI Card, for windows Server 2008 R2.

Regards
Findus