4293 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Ultrium 1840 / LSI_SCSI Errors

dj_alarm
Frequent Visitor

Ultrium 1840 / LSI_SCSI Errors

Hi

We've got a problem with our Ultrium 1840 Standalone tape drive when connecting to a HP branded LSI SCSI Adapter (LSI20320IE) in a Windows 2008 R2 x64 box (DL360p G8).

The adapter is showing in device manager fine and has the latest driver (1.28.3.67) but when I attach tape drive and scan for hardware changes Windows doesn't detect the drive and reports 2 types of error repeated int he system log.

The first error is Event 129, LSI_SCSI - Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort1, was issued.

The second error is Event 11, LSI_SCSI - The driver detected a controller error on \Device\RaidPort1.

The tape drive has most recent firmware (B32D) and works fine on the Windows 2003 server that we've moved it from.  I've also tried connecting 2 other tape drives, one being an identical Ultrium 1840 but neither worked.

Another thing that I've noticed is that when the server boot and the SCSI device are detected the tape drive isn't detected and instead it shows a line of spurious characters.

I've spent the best part of two days trying to get this working now but to no avail so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Adam

5 REPLIES 5
Richard Brodie_1
Honored Contributor

It might be helpful to know what the tape drive identifies as, if you can grab a screenshot of it from iLO or wherever.
dj_alarm
Frequent Visitor

See attached

dj_alarm
Frequent Visitor

I said firmware was B32D, it's actually B63D.

Richard Brodie_1
Honored Contributor

You've got some bits in the Inquiry data in the screenshot that always read as zero. I've seen that kind of thing with bent pins on the SCSI connector. I would guess some sort of physical problem (rather than firmwire or configuration). Try a dfferent cable if you can; make sure everything on the adaptor is properly seated etc.  Good luck tracking it down.

dj_alarm
Frequent Visitor

We've tried a couple of different cables and tried the card in two different servers.  I'm thinking that the card must be faulty so going to return it to the supplier.