StoreEver Tape Storage
1747985 Members
4719 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Ultrium 920 SAS Tape drive (External) not shown in Windows 2008 server Backup wizard

Albert Jose
Occasional Contributor

Ultrium 920 SAS Tape drive (External) not shown in Windows 2008 server Backup wizard

I have a Ultrium 920 SAS Tape drive (External) connected to a Proliant DL380 G6, and it is successfully recognized by Windows 2008 Server and shows up in device manager, however when I use Windows 2008 server Backup wizard, I can't select the tape drive as a device to back up to. please help me out.

4 REPLIES 4
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: Ultrium 920 SAS Tape drive (External) not shown in Windows 2008 server Backup wizard

Hey!

Is that supposed to work?
Does 2008 server backup support SAS/external tape drives?

If you want to test the tape drive, you can install HP LTT - library and tape tools - to run a read/write test (for example) on the tape drive.
Sudhakar Subramaniam
Trusted Contributor

Hi ,
The above one should work.
Please check if you have installed the right driver.
Some time the driver that you install from microsoft website might not work and hence it is recomended to have HP drivers installed.

Please follow the below link to install the drivers and also you can check the conpatibility there.
Sudhakar Subramaniam
Trusted Contributor

Sorry the link

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00851434тМй=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodSeriesId=4150338&prodTypeId=12169
LTT Team
Valued Contributor

Windows server Backup does not support Tape. It supports internal/External disks, CD/DVD, and shared folders.