StoreEver Tape Storage
1748103 Members
4767 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Ultrium Tape Device driver will not load!

SOLVED
Go to solution

Ultrium Tape Device driver will not load!

I just used the LT Tools to update firmware on my HP Surestore 20/700 to Rev E258. Now however for some reason my 2K Advanced Server SP3 will not load a driver for the tape devices. They show up in other devices. I have downloaded the latest ultrium driver from HP. Any suggestions
11 REPLIES 11
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Grahame, try rebooting host and library (if you did not do so). Which backup utility do you use? Please generate support ticket for library and attach to your next reply
Eugeny

I use Netbackup ver 3.4.4 however its windows which isnt loading a device driver. I have rebooted host multiple times but not libary. I have called support and left message but have not got a call back. Where do i go to create a ticket.
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

After LTT started up and scanned for devices pick your library in the subwindow to the left, and then click on big 'Support' icon (or select "Function->Support" in main LTT menu bar)
Eugeny
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Grahame,
did you check which state your drives have before upgrading? Do you know if Netbackup uses its own drivers to handle LTO drives? Please check how Netbackup sees drives
Eugeny

No netbackup does not use its own drivers weve been using the HP LTO driver since this was first installed over a year ago. I figured it was time to update the firmware and device driver boy was i wrong. Its like windows doesnt recognize the inf file for the tape drive. Rebooting doesnt help so it must be something stuck in the reg or a file.
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Grahame,
as I expected on the HP drivers page http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNum=A5597A&prodName=hp+surestore+tape+library+model+20%2F700&locale=en_US&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=34104&prodTypeId=12169 I see only LTT program, firmware bundle and readme available for download. So there's no driver for w2k. You need driver from backup application developer and it could be normal that you see LTO drives in other devices
Eugeny
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Great. So try to
a. reboot library;
b. reinstall .inf file. BTW, where did you download this inf file?
Eugeny

The page for the Ultrium External 230 drive.
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor
Solution

Grahame,
I see this driver. There's a one package with nt4, w2k and .net drivers - .inf, .sys and .txt files. So here is a driver. BUT you should understand that there's NO diver for 20/700 and LTO drives in 20/700 have different firmware (E258) and may be not compatible with this driver desined for external Ultrium 230 with firmware E22D. Let us see what HP will tell you...
Anyway I would search for device driver/installation instructions on backup utility developer's site
Eugeny