1752777 Members
5855 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Ultrium drive identification

Ross Hansen
Occasional Advisor

Ultrium drive identification

I have a C7145 1/9 autoloader that ioscan shows with an "Ultrium 1-SCSI" drive in it.

I do not have access to the unit but I need to determine the specific ultrium drive inside it. Does anyone know the product model or product number for this drive?

Thanks
Ross
4 REPLIES 4
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi,

as much as I could find out is, you have a DLT8000 machine in it.

Michael
Munir_1
Trusted Contributor

Unless it was upgraded with C7768C
Ultrium 1/9 LVDS conversion kit - Converts a DLT 1 or DLT 8000 LVDS 1/9 Autoloader to Ultrium

Munir!
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I have seen a reference to LTO, but why is it so difficult to get information about this at HP?

a frustrated

Michael
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

> I have a C7145 1/9 autoloader that ioscan shows with an "Ultrium 1-SCSI" drive in it.

The C1745 is not the model number (although it could be). This is the product inquiry string on SCSI. The Utrium1 and the DLT1 use "C7145" for the ID string. the DLT8000 version of the autoloader uses "C7145-8000"

The reason for the common inquiry string is the products use the same controller board, and the products are the same except for the drive and slots/magasine (different for Ultrium). The ISVs don't like us creating too many different inquiry strings they need to recognize.

> I do not have access to the unit but I need to determine the specific ultrium drive inside it. Does anyone know the product model or product number for this drive.

The drive itself is not a "product", but the autoloader is. The autoloader product number is:
C7147AA - HVD
C7147CB - LVD
C7149AA - HVD w/ Remote Mgmt Card
C7149CB - LVD w/ Remote Mgmt Card

These are the desktop models. The rackmounts are C77xxxx instead of C71xxxx.

The drive does have a PART number:
Ultrium1 HVD: C9520-60108
Ultrium1 LVD: C9520-60102
The journey IS the reward.