108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Unable to raise a support ticket within Command View TL

SOLVED
Go to solution
Gordon Bloxham
Advisor

Unable to raise a support ticket within Command View TL

Has anybody experienced issues with trying to raise support tickets using command view tl.

We have an ESL712e. With 6 LTO2 Scsi Drives attached with fibre links to the NSR & Interface managers.

However when selecting on the support tab and then selecting support ticket a message appears

"An error occurred while retrieving data.
Please retry the operation."

This is the details log:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.hp.commandview.tape.business.library.impl.LibraryFactoryImpl.getSupportTicketDescriptors(LibraryFactoryImpl.java:953)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Unknown Source)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(Unknown Source)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(Unknown Source)
at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(Unknown Source)
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.hp.commandview.tape.business.library.impl.LibraryFactoryImpl_Stub.getSupportTicketDescriptors(Unknown Source)
at com.hp.commandview.tape.business.library.impl.LibraryFactoryProxy.getSupportTicketDescriptors(LibraryFactoryProxy.java:656)
at com.hp.commandview.tape.gui.support.SupportTicketPanel.retrieveBusinessObjects(SupportTicketPanel.java:534)
at com.hp.commandview.tape.gui.TLTableContentPanel$5.handleDataUpdate(TLTableContentPanel.java:251)
at com.hp.commandview.common.util.msgthread.AbstractThreadedAction$1.handleThreadMsg(AbstractThreadedAction.java:117)
at com.hp.commandview.common.util.msgthread.MessageQueueThread.invokeMsgHandler(MessageQueueThread.java:380)
at com.hp.commandview.common.util.msgthread.MessageQueueThread.run(MessageQueueThread.java:201)

This is an intermittant error, when rebooting the silo we can obtain support tickets but whenever an error occurs we then see the above error.

Has anybody else experienced this error?

We are running version 1.5.05 Build 19.

Please reply to jason.denham@scottish-southern.co.uk
12 REPLIES 12
R├╝diger Kresse
Solution

I've seen a similar difficulty on command view 1.4 when requesting a support ticket. The workaround was to deregister and re-register the library into command view again. Support ticket can be created now once.
Gordon Bloxham
Advisor

Hi

Thanks, this worked, deleted the libraries and re-added them from the command esl front page. This then allowed me to go to the support ticket page. I will attempt to run one asap.
Gordon Bloxham
Advisor

I am now unable to raise support tickets for the robotics as it fails halfway through with an unknown error.

I can raise support tickets for interface managers, controllers and drives.

Has anybody else seen this happen?
Joern Seger
Occasional Advisor

We got a same error.
But we cannot start the CM TL after uninstall and new installing.

Error CODE:

An error occurred while retrieving data.
Please retry the operation.

error unmarshalling return; nested exception is:
java.io.InvalidClassException: com.hp.commandview.tape.business.host.impl.HostFactoryProxy; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 5365978763898336315, local class serialVersionUID = -6616182349240515653

java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling return; nested exception is:
java.io.InvalidClassException: com.hp.commandview.tape.business.host.impl.HostFactoryProxy; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 5365978763898336315, local class serialVersionUID = -6616182349240515653
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.hp.commandview.tape.business.impl.TLFactoryServer_Stub.getHostFactory(Unknown Source)
at com.hp.commandview.tape.gui.TLBusinessThread.getHostFactory(TLBusinessThread.java:242)
at com.hp.commandview.tape.gui.launcher.ManagementStationPanel.retrieveBusinessObjects(ManagementStationPanel.java:166)
at com.hp.commandview.tape.gui.TLPropertiesContentPanel$3.handleDataUpdate(TLPropertiesContentPanel.java:182)
at com.hp.commandview.common.util.msgthread.AbstractThreadedAction$1.handleThreadMsg(AbstractThreadedAction.java:117)
at com.hp.commandview.common.util.msgthread.MessageQueueThread.invokeMsgHandler(MessageQueueThread.java:380)
at com.hp.commandview.common.util.msgthread.MessageQueueThread.run(MessageQueueThread.java:201)
Caused by: java.io.InvalidClassException: com.hp.commandview.tape.business.host.impl.HostFactoryProxy; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 5365978763898336315, local class serialVersionUID = -6616182349240515653
at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.initNonProxy(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(Unknown Source)
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.unmarshalValue(Unknown Source)
... 9 more
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

There are a number of known issues generating support tickets with CV-TL (and interface manager) versions 1.55 and below.

Please update to version 1.60/I160 as well as updating your library robotics and routers to the supported firmware with those releases. A number of CPE issues have been addressed in the latest firmware set.
The journey IS the reward.
Steve Begley
Trusted Contributor

We have just upgraded to CVTL 1.6 and can create the first Support Ticket from CVTL OK.
When the CVTL server is rebooted I get a similar error to the above when I try to create another support ticket - the fix is to remove the library and re-add it on the launcher screen of CVTL - I can then generate just one more sticket, the next reboot - the same error occurs again.
All ESL712e firmware is latest.

Any ideas - the last reply to this topic says that this is problem is fixed in CVTL 1.6 - that doesn't appear to be the case?
Tea break over - back on yer heads!
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Steve,

Thanks for your updates.

> When the CVTL server is rebooted I get a similar error to the above when I try to create another support ticket - the fix is to remove the library and re-add it on the launcher screen of CVTL...

That may be a different issue (generating a ticket after a reboot) - I'll investigate with engineering. Perhaps the java problem you have is not one that was resolved.

> I can then generate just one more sticket, the next reboot - the same error occurs again.

If I understand you correctly:

1) Reboot
2) remove and re-add library
3) generate support ticket successfully
4) cannot generate ticket again?

I just want to verify step 4.

If you could send your email address to my attention at ltt_team@hp.com, I can forward you any additional question from engineering (or requests for logs).
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

All,

Having spoken with engineering, the Java unmarshalling error is most likely caused by the Java client applet being out of sync with the Management Station code.

This usually happens when the Management Station code is updated, and the users client still uses older cached Java jars for the client. In this case, the Management Station is at 1.60, but the client is still at 1.55.

The way to fix this is to clear the Java plugin cache in the browser by going into the Java plug-in control panel accessible from the Windows control panel. The clear cache button is available in the cache tab.

---

Can those encountering this problem verify their plug-in cache has been cleared, and that they can now generate support tickets reliabily with the 1.60/I160 (and related library) code set.
Steve Begley
Trusted Contributor

Hello again,

I think we are looking at two different problems here - the first entry in this topic refers to a java exception, one of the subsequent topics is related to a java unmarshalling problem - the problem I have encountered is a java exception.

I have tried clearing the java cache as well as clearing and disabling it - no fix.

The only fix is to either remove and re-add the library or to de-install java and CVTL and re-install + re-add the library.

I have a Word document detailing the hardware and software platform info as well as actions and results in some detail - I can make this available to engineering or L&TT offline if needed.

regards

Steve.B.
Tea break over - back on yer heads!