StoreEver Tape Storage
1753460 Members
4373 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Unable to retrieve support ticket from Command View TL / java.lang.NullPointerException

Marcial Wils
Advisor

Unable to retrieve support ticket from Command View TL / java.lang.NullPointerException

Hi everyone.

We are having problems to retrieve a support ticket from Command View TL 2.70

The library is a ESL712e with IM firmware version I270

The support tickets can be generated thru CLI without problems, but when we try from CVTL the logs for all the devices is completed but right in the last part of the process the support ticket generation fails with the following error:

ERROR:
Failed to retrieve file /im/ltt/tickets/2U1XXXXXXX/supportticket.zip; nested exception is:
java.lang.NullPointerException

ERROR DETAILS:
com.hp.commandview.tape.common.util.exceptions.TLRemoteException: Failed to retrieve file /im/ltt/tickets/2U1XXXXXXX/supportticket.zip; nested exception is:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.hp.commandview.tape.v2.business.util.managers.EmfSupportTicketManager.retrieveSupportTicketFiles(EmfSupportTicketManager.java:947)
at com.hp.commandview.tape.v2.business.util.managers.EmfSupportTicketManager.doOperation(EmfSupportTicketManager.java:691)
at com.hp.commandview.tape.v2.business.util.managers.EmfSupportTicketManager.access$100(EmfSupportTicketManager.java:43)
at com.hp.commandview.tape.v2.business.util.managers.EmfSupportTicketManager$1.run(EmfSupportTicketManager.java:411)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.hp.commandview.tape.common.util.FileUtils.renameFile(FileUtils.java:48)
at com.hp.commandview.tape.v2.business.util.managers.EmfSupportTicketManager.getFile(EmfSupportTicketManager.java:1255)
at com.hp.commandview.tape.v2.business.util.managers.EmfSupportTicketManager.getZippedFile(EmfSupportTicketManager.java:1208)
at com.hp.commandview.tape.v2.business.util.managers.EmfSupportTicketManager.retrieveSupportTicketFiles(EmfSupportTicketManager.java:812)
... 4 more

Tried to generate support tickets individually for each components, all of them failed the same way.

Any suggestion, advise or idea?
1 REPLY 1
Deveshmeeta Ghosh

Re: Unable to retrieve support ticket from Command View TL / java.lang.NullPointerException

Hi Hamlet,
I am Deveshmeeta from the CVTL team .I have started investigating on the issue .But need below information to reproduce the same scenario-

1) Need the build number related to CVTL2.7 and IM I270 version.

2)Please provide the Operating System details in which CVTL2.7 is installed.

3) Need the Command View Tape Library log files which should be available at install location of CVTL. Also, provide us the java console logs

You can email the log files at deveshmeeta.ghosh@hp.com.

Meanwhile I will keep posting the updates w.r.t to the issue.

Thanks,
Deveshmeeta