New Discussion юеВ

Re: Upgrade DLT8000 Firmware

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jason Berendsen
Regular Advisor

Upgrade DLT8000 Firmware

HPUX 11.00
I am running into problems trying to upgrade the firmware on a DLT8000 drive in our SureStore 20/700 silo. I am trying to upgrade from firmware 44 to 59. The machine I am doing the upgrade from is an L class directly attached to the drive. I have tried using LTT version 2.9x. I downloaded ltt_stk_may03.shar and unshared it to /opt/ltt/firmware. I see LTT_DLT8000_V059_OMX105.frm in /opt/ltt/firmware, which I beleive is the firmware update I am looking for. Yet when I run hp_ltt, select the DLT8000 and choose firmware it responds with the following message: There is no matching firmware file for this device, it cannot be selected.

I then tried to do this firmware upgrade from stm. I downloaded stm_gp_apr03.shar and expanded it into /var/tmp. I then selected firmware upgrade within stm for the dlt8000 and get the following error: No firmware files were found in /var/tmp/. Yet when I look in /var/tmp I see STM_DLT8000_V059_OML3.frm, which I would imagine is the firmware for 59.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason
3 REPLIES 3
Massimo Bianchi
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,
permission of the file ?

First usually you have to upgrade the fw of the library, before the fe of the drives, and they are in separate bundles.

Also, what version os your STM? may be it is bugged.

HTH,
Massimo

Massimo Bianchi
Honored Contributor

Hi,
just a last thing: usually is best to open an H/W call to upgrade the fw, because in case of problem you can find yourself with and unusuable library.

HP technician have the support on their back to help in case of problem.

What if your power goes down in the middle of the upgrade ?

HTH,
Massimo

Paul Young_3
Frequent Advisor

Hi Jason,

I am not able to help you directly but I am having the same sort of difficulties with an upgrade to firmware on a stand alone DLT8000.

I have not tried the LTT as this proved to be unsuccessful on a DLT7000, kept giving this 'wrong personality' error for the frm files. I used a Compaq softpaq SP16275

Back to the DLT8000, I tried to use the Quantum update utility SDLTUpdate.exe that uses *.img files. I again had 'personality' errors. So I went to a Compaq softpaq again (these are getting harder to find since the HP take over). This time using SP19837, but this has not worked as nun of the disks this paq creates had the right image - despite the documentation saying otherwise.

I may try the LTT, but I don't like my chances. I hope you get some results - if I do I will let you know.

Cheers
why?