1752422 Members
5654 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Virtual Replicator and Veritas Netbackup

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Virtual Replicator and Veritas Netbackup

We have a Compaq SAN with Compaq Virtual Replicator 2.0. We use the Compaq TL891 Library. We are trying to backup the VR snapshot drive with Veritas Netbackup DataCenter 3.4 patch 645. We are able to do a user initiated backup from the Media server (NT 4.0) that the snapshot is created on. We can NOT do a server initiated (therefore automated) backup from the Master server of the snapshot drive on the Media server. We can backup any other drive on the Media server however. Using the bpmount command on the Media server shows the mount point of the snapshot drive. The NT sees the snapshot as a normal drive in My Computer. The Netbackup Administration GUI on the Master server sees the snapshot drive and all its contents. It will not back it up automatically. We get status 96 "unable to allocate media, storage unit has none available". If anyone out there is using Compaq SAN with Compaq VR 2.0 and Veritas NDC 3.4 running an automated backup I need to hear from you the step by step of how to set it up. Please post message and I will get it via email. We are in desperate need of help on this. Thanks