5803 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Weird question

Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Weird question

Hello,

Recently we went on site for a customer complaining that his DDS3 rack-mountable tape drive (C6365A) has got a noise. It was tracked to be the cooling fan on the backside of it. So I removed the fan from oou backup tape drive and attached it to his and no problems...

Problem is here... I just cannot find a replacement fan. The fan is a 50x50x15 2-pin 12V 1.7W spec. I cannot find a 2-pin fan with this spec; all of them are 3 or 4-pin. Anyone knows from where I could buy such a fan?

Thanks,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
6 REPLIES 6
Leif Halvarsson_2
Honored Contributor

Hi,
Perhaps the most easy if you have a soldering iron, buy a fan with the 3 pin connector, cut the cables and solder together with the old 2 pin connector and insulate with a pice of tape.
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

did you try
http://www.hp.com/go/cposupport
and/or partsurfer?

Good luck with the welder!

Later,
Bill
It works for me (tm)
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Bill,

Yep that's the first thing I tried. Surprisingly, on the fan, there was a paper attached to it with the part number (C4310-60002) but couldn't be found on partsurfer.

Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Vince,
although this part exists in the database, it's marked as unavailable for exchange/sale. So it's no way to get it from HP - only with whole unit replaced. Can you see on the fan's label its manufacturer? If yes, why don't try to go to its website and search for this fan?
Eugeny
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello (again),

Thanks for the information. I already contacted a fans manufacturer for a quote. I found one yesterday who sell them without connectors.

Thanks, case closed.

Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!