StoreEver Tape Storage
1748108 Members
4893 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Where can I find the latest version of HP Library and Tape Tools for W10 x64?

Where can I find the latest version of HP Library and Tape Tools for W10 x64?

The web site now only seems to be offering a version for OpenVMS!!!! What's happened to the Windows version please

Thanks, Dave

27 REPLIES 27
Curtis_Ballard
HPE Pro

Re: Where can I find the latest version of HP Library and Tape Tools for W10 x64?

The real links to LTT are under "OS Independant".  The OpenVMS links are supposed to be removed but it is hard to say exactly when that will happen.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

And it refuses to download saying: "Support Validation Required"  LTT has always been freely available to all users of HP tape drives.   the popup also says: An active warranty or support agreement covering StoreEver must be linked to you HPE support centre profile to access this application.

Somewhat different from the main HP LTT page which says "Link to free download".

Is this a SNAFU ?? I do hope so.

Dave

Curtis_Ballard
HPE Pro

Library and Tape Tools is still a free tool but it has been moved along with the firmware so that downloading it requires support validation as it is considered a support tool.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

So please can you tell exactly what I need to do to be able to download it?

I was logged in to my HPE account, but it still refused to allow me to download.

Thank you, Dave

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

@Curtis_Ballard

I checked the page yesterday and the only choice is VMS.

No windows, no linux, no nothing ...

http://h20566.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=406731&ac.admitted=1411446034954.876444892.199480143&lang=en&cc=us

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

That's better and brand new:

http://h20565.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5156058&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=54

http://h20565.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5156058&swItemId=MTX_ce99517a2d7f4ae180f76d8acb&swEnvOid=54

Version 4.24

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

No it doesn't help at all.  When I try to download 4.24 for windows it throws a popup window saying:

Support Validation Required

An active warranty or support agreement covering StoreEver must be linked to your HPE Support Center profile to access this application.

So how do I get past that hurdle - my drive isn't in warranty, and I don't have a support contract. 

Dave

Curtis_Ballard
HPE Pro

@Torsten.- see my earlier comments.  You are correct there is no Linux, no Windows however there is "OS Independant" at least when I go to the page.  Hopefully it isn't showing different things to different people.

I think it makes things hard to find but most of the tape firmware/drivers/tools have dropped referencing specific OS's and instead just use "OS Independant" but the publishing tool has not always successfully removed all of the individual OS listings which makes finding things much harder than it should be.  The person responsible for the publishing is well aware of the problem.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

>> An active warranty or support agreement covering StoreEver must be linked to your HPE Support Center profile to access this application.

Obviously no workaround.

You need this for all library related firmware doanloads and for the tool, too.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.