StoreEver Tape Storage
1751725 Members
5958 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Where can I find the latest version of HP Library and Tape Tools for W10 x64?

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Where can I find the latest version of HP Library and Tape Tools for W10 x64?

Well, there is "OS Independent" today listing windows, linux, etc. versions; but I'm sure yesterday there was OpenVMS only.

BTW, it is really a pain to get everytime a new token when you use "get files from web" ...

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Curtis_Ballard
HPE Pro

@Torsten.may be correct that the 'OS Independant' link was missing yesterday.  Sorry about that - I checked with the publication team and there have been some problems with old templates being restored and some support pages got generated incorrectly.  Changes may still happen as issues are found and resolved but it should just be correcting links.

The end result link once you find it for LTT should still end up being the one Torsten provided above.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

so what's the idea here - this was a freely available tool. Why are you now making it impossible to get for those of us who have got older equipment.  An realier post said it was still freely available, and now you're saying that actually it isn't

I'm really not at all happy about this.

Dave

Curtis_Ballard
HPE Pro

I understand the frustration and have passed that along.

LTT is still a "free" tool, there is no charge for the tool, but it isn't "freely available" anymore - it got classified as a support tool and moved into the category of products where support authorization is required.

Can you provide a little information about what you want to use the tool for that I could pass to the appropriate people?  It always helps to be able to point to specific customer feedback.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

Surely I can:

I use it to check on the health of my LTO tapes and drives and to upgrade the drive firmware as and when (generally about 6 months after firmware release).

Cheers, Dave

Curtis_Ballard
HPE Pro

Thaks Dave,

FYI - the firmware moved along with LTT to service validation required and that is part of the reason LTT moved.

Using LTT to periodically monitor the health of your drives may not be a use they considered.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

whynieburger

Hi

I linked my LTO device to my waranty and support contract,

But when I want to download the file now, Firefox does not understand the link and IE tries to Open a app.

Do I need a specific APP to get the latest LTT?

Frankly I'm appalled by this move to take stuff that was freely available to all users of HP tape drives and make so that it's only accessible to people whose equipment is so new that it is still in warranty or corporates who have support contracts.   Leaves a nasty taste ...  

Over the years I've been very happy to buy HP tape drives and printers for my own use and to recommend them to clients because of HP's approach to providing support.  Given the recent changes, I'm thinking very hard about shifting my business to another supplier, and advising my customers to do the same.

Dave

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

for standalone drives you can still use this:

(text formatting lost, sorry).

http://h20566.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=7271242&swItemId=MTX_afc26488547047b2b55cec874c&swEnvOid=4138#tab4

Type: Firmware - Storage Tape Version: 4.2.0.0(17 Apr 2017) Operating System(s): Microsoft Windows Server 2012 | View all File name: cp031432.exe (17 MB)

Supported Devices and Features:

Supported tape drives and firmware revisons included in this package

Tape Drive Firmware Revision HP DAT 72 USB ZUD4 HP DAT160 USB WU8B HP DAT160 SAS WSB8 HP DAT320 USB VUA8 HP DAT320 SAS VSA6 HP Ultrium 232 SCSI P61D HP Ultrium 448 SCSI S65D HP Ultrium 448 SAS T65D HP Ultrium 460 SCSI F63D HP Ultrium 920 SCSI D26D HP Ultrium 920 SAS C26D HP Ultrium 920 SAS Q51D HP Ultrium 960 SCSI G66D HP Ultrium 1760 SAS U64D HP Ultrium 1760 SCSI W62D HP Ultrium 1840 SAS A63D HP Ultrium 1840 SCSI B63D HP Ultrium 3000 SAS Z6ED HP Ultrium 3280 SAS X6ED HP Ultrium 6250 SAS 35GD HP Ultrium 6650 SAS O5ID

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

>> But when I want to download the file now, Firefox does not understand the link and IE tries to Open a app.

Use

https://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/entitlement-token-service/generate

to generate the token.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.