1752781 Members
6102 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

automatic inventory when I add/remove tapes from library

abu sufian

automatic inventory when I add/remove tapes from library

Hi,
I am currently inserting tapes in a HP MSL2024 library. I am doing this by directly inserting tapes in the left and right magazines and when done I am forced to manually perform the inventory as the library/ arcserve is not doing automatic updates. Is there a way I could do the above and get arcserve/ library to do the inventory automatically, each time I insert tapes directly into the magazines?
Please help. Any help is much appreciated.

Many Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Re: automatic inventory when I add/remove tapes from library

For what I know and for how library work, each time the magazine are opened and closed an inventory take place automatically.
The library should know what tape it have in what slot, and maintain a list. The backup application should be instructed to ask the inventory when needed.
If you open the slots with the library powered up and using the front panel command, your library should run the automatic inventory when you close the magazine.
If you replace the tape powering down the library first, then using the emergency button for opening the magazine, at the power on the library will run an inventory in any case.
So not sure why your msl do not perform automatic inventory. May be some setting wennt wrong and you need to restore some default...
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Re: automatic inventory when I add/remove tapes from library

Early libraries did have an option to turn off the auto inventory, however having gone through the user guide for the MSL2024, I couldn't see anything that fits the bill.

As Merino suggests, a factory default may help...

Cheers,

Rob