Storage Boards Cleanup
To make it easier to find information about HPE Storage products and solutions, we are doing spring cleaning. This includes consolidation of some older boards, and a simpler structure that more accurately reflects how people use HPE Storage.
Tape Libraries and Drives
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup to drive ultrium 960

Angel Luis Molina B
Occasional Visitor

backup to drive ultrium 960

I have "Hp storageWorks Ultrium 960" and when i try to do backup with sql server 2000, always appears an error message: \\.\Tape0'. Operating system error 1117(No se puede ejecutar el proceso debido a un error del dispositivo de E/S.).Internal I/O request 0x5CBF9E28: Op: Write, pBuffer: 0x0B7E0000, Size: 65536, Position: 0, UMS: Internal: 0xC0000185, InternalHigh: 0x10000, Offset: 0x0, OffsetHigh: 0x0, m_buf: 0x0B7E0000, m_len: 65536, m_actualBytes: 65536, m_errcode: 1117, BackupFile: \\.\Tape0

if I make bakcup in disc, works correctly.
Also it works correctly if I make backup with "NTbackup".
can you help me?

Thank you very much!

2 REPLIES
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Re: backup to drive ultrium 960

Looks like there si I/O errors, are you sure the program you run the backup support this drive? probably you need to use a third party application to run backups on the LTO3
Richard Bickers
Trusted Contributor

Re: backup to drive ultrium 960

You can use HP's LTT diagnostic tool to check that the drive is OK. It's a free download from www.hp.com/support/tapetools.

First thing is to find the drive via the scan which will tell you at least if the OS can see it. If it can then pull a ticket (either via the 'health' or 'support' buttons) and look for the drive->health information.

If you want to be sure then run the device assessment test (first on the list of LTT tests) which requires a good tape you can write to.

At least you can check your drive is OK. Assuming it is then your issues are likely to be system related.

HP LTT team.
It's more interesting when it's gone wrong