6030 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: configuration NSR MSL6030

Kurt Beyers.
Honored Contributor

configuration NSR MSL6030

Hi,

I've got an MSL6030 library connected with a NSR to a SAN switch.

The backup server (Windows 2000) however does not see the tape library. The NSR and the FC card of the backup server are in the same zone of the SAN switch, so that should be OK.

I guess there is some problem with the configuration of the NSR. What should be done here?
5 REPLIES 5
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

> I guess there is some problem with the configuration of the NSR. What should be done here?

The most common problem is not filling in a map and assigning it to the specific hosts that need to see the devices.

You want to setup the network interface (if you haven't already) and use the web management interface to do the setup.

The journey IS the reward.
Leif Halvarsson_2
Honored Contributor

Hi,
I have just finished configuring a MSL 6060 library with a NSR e1200-160 storage router. If nothing is configured i the router and your zoning is OK you you will see the router but not the drives. Log in to the router with a web browser and click on the FC port. Change the default map from Indexed to Auto assigned. Then the drives should be visible. In many enviroments the Auto assigned map works well but if you want you can go on with creating your own maps.
Kurt Beyers.
Honored Contributor

A map has been created and filled with the devices.

It was however an indexed map instead of an auto assigned map as Leif is proposing.

Somebody else will look at it tomorrow, I'll update the thread then.

best regards,
Kurt
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

> It was however an indexed map instead of an auto assigned map as Leif is proposing.

The preference is to use an indexed map. That's the default, however the map is initially empty (so you don't see the devices). You need to fill the map and also assign it to the host(s).

The index map is prefrerred because it will prevent FC luns from moving around in Windows if one of the device (e.g. a drive) is not discovered. With an indexed map, the missing drive on windows will be unaccessible, rather than having another devices shift into their place.
The journey IS the reward.
Kurt Beyers.
Honored Contributor

The problem was due to a misconfig in the zoning. It was hard to find it however. Any way, the problem is solved (by using an indexed map).

regards,
Kurt