1752788 Members
6016 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

configuring MSL5026s2

saleem Ahmed
Occasional Contributor

configuring MSL5026s2

Has anyone configured a MSL5026s2 tape library on NT4 Sp6a, on a Compaq Proliant 8500 with a compaq Scsi 5250 controller. The BIOS is:
P42 (06/16/2000)

This unit works on a Windows 2003 server on NAS server but I am unable to recognise it on NT4 at startup. It does not find any new tape device. Any help or any documentation would be most appreciated.
Thanks.
Saleem
3 REPLIES 3
Shaikh Imran
Honored Contributor

Re: configuring MSL5026s2

saleem Ahmed
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have checked all the links to the documentation but the problem I have is that the MSL5026s2 device is not being recognised at bootup. The backup software that we are using is backupexec V9. I am puzzled that the same confiuration works on windows 2003 server. I have checked the scsi cabling and that fine. Any help would be most appreciated.

Saleem
Cameron Todd
Regular Advisor

By bootup I assume you mean that the SCSI device is not being detected by the BIOS POST. (ie. not an issue with the OS as it has not yet started loading - all scsi devices, both disk drives and tape devices should list on the inital boot screen after the RAM test completes..)

This suggests there is a scsi bus or cable problem. Check that the SCSI ID's are enabled on the Host Bus Adaptor and don't clash with any other devices.

Note that with NT4, devices do not get autodetected (NT is not a Plug'n'Play OS) so you would need to have loaded a SCSI driver in order to see the tape devices anyway.

Cameron.